Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What Has Oprah Done For Black Americans?

OhMars

MEH!
As a black Billionaire, what has Oprah done for black folks in america. She has a ton of power, influence, and money, and what does she really do with it?

well for one Oprah might be the single person responsible for Obama running for president. i can confirm that

Hmmm, I hope she done take that to heart, whole lot more to running a country than speeches, not saying she couldn't, but...

I don’t understand why people automatically jump to, “needs to run for President”, after some good speech.

Oprah isn’t fit for the presidency. She’s kooky.

i got a question...why must black people with money have to have it justified by if they giving back or not?

she doesnt owe anyone anything.

and do black people really want help?
Because that's how every other race plays the game but us. That's how they come up and that's how we should too. No man is an island.
And I do believe there is responsibility that comes with that kinda money.

Because that's how every other race plays the game but us. That's how they come up and that's how we should too. No man is an island.
ok...i see your point and i think most people know where im going next...

do you know how hard it is to help our people?

are you familiar with the herd and mob mentality that holds and controls us?

for us to even get help from people who want to help we need to fix our foundation.....otherwise its a waste.

i am not sure what all she has done but i know Oprah focuses a lot on education. a better chance is one of those and although its not strictly for black people it has provided POC educational opportunities. Any Morehouse alum? I heard she sent a bunch of folks there. its one of those things...if everything Oprah did was in the news then we would say she just doing it for a tax break. if its not in the news then we ask what has she done or why isnt she doing more.

damned if u do and damned if u dont

ok...i see your point and i think most people know where im going next...

do you know how hard it is to help our people?

are you familiar with the herd and mob mentality that holds and controls us?

for us to even get help from people who want to help we need to fix our foundation.....otherwise its a waste.
What do you think I mean when I say help

i'm going to disagree with this. I think if you look at all races the wealth is controlled by a small percentage that preys on the weak. other races are not just out here giving to their brother from another mother. a lot of them basically enslave their own people i.e. chinese folks. the mob been preying on their own since the beginning of time damn near. all them euro folks prey on their own.

Oprah earned her money. It wasn't given to her or inherited. She is free to spend it anyway she pleases.

I would vote for her but I doubt she would win.

Back