Welcome To aBlackWeb

What does "we need some space" look like/mean to you?

There's a difference between 'space' an a 'break'. yep very different things.

I don't do breaks. There ain't no timeouts in relationships. There are only 2 relationship statuses: In a relationship or single. The end. Miss me with the other shit.

As far as space, nothing wrong with that. And I'm very specific about the space I need when I request it. I don't want there to be any misunderstandings. For example, 'Yo, I'd like some space for a while. Please leave me alone. Please don't call me, text me, or FaceTime. I'll hit you a little later.'

That’s different but that shit shouldn’t take days.
it was kinda tongue and cheek b/c i didnt understand how people (read the dudes) were equating needing space to taking a break.

I think they are two totally different things

they are when you specify that lol

you just asked what people think when somebody says they need a break

i think you got the most common feeling about that particular situation

now....with this said.....if the wife and I are having a heated convo, and would rather think for a minute and pick it up later....we do that

we'll typically save it for when we're at work or some shit and text it out because its easier to get full thoughts out without interruptions and eye rolls

I wouldnt call that "needing space or a break"

also, we dont really know if said couple lives together, is married, kids, history of whoring, etc lol......all that shit makes each situation different

if ya'll just dating and dont even live together then both parties would be goofy for even talking about a break lmao

they are when you specify that lol

you just asked what people think when somebody says they need a break

i think you got the most common feeling about that particular situation

now....with this said.....if the wife and I are having a heated convo, and would rather think for a minute and pick it up later....we do that

we'll typically save it for when we're at work or some shit and text it out because its easier to get full thoughts out without interruptions and eye rolls

I wouldnt call that "needing space or a break"

also, we dont really know if said couple lives together, is married, kids, history of whoring, etc lol......all that shit makes each situation different

if ya'll just dating and dont even live together then both parties would be goofy for even talking about a break lmao
nah

i specifically said "space"...ya'll are either using space and break synonymously or you assumed I was trying to say break instead of space.

Well alright lol

Ok, what about in your marriage Dos. Not your Polk High glory days

-In a marriage. Ain't no space, we either together or we not. That's how I see it. If my wife ask me for space right now, I'm hitting the market and I'll assume she doing the same (kanye shrug).
That goes for any serious relationship.
Now if we just kinda dating n we just kinda serious about fuckin...it is what it is. I'll give u space, but dont expect me to be loyal

Lol I’m saying the one who didn’t want space is the one to watch

This is true..BC they might be the ones hurt in the situation and w more potential to express that in a way that the other person is not. Self esteem is a mothafucka, like "oh you dont want to be with me, I'll find someone who will."

what if someone needs space to get their thoughts gathered so they can in turn be able to communicate how they are feeling?

i mean, just a thought

Space in this sense can be going to hang w your friends w/o your partner or just doing some shit w/o them...THAT is totally fine. But stopping the relationship to do that is unnecessary IMO.
I take space from my wife all the time and vice versa. We ain't gotta take a break for that.

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT STOPPING THE RELATIONSHIP ?!?!?! lol

i asked a question...then ya'll answered with all of these similar povs assuming that's what I meant i guess...i honestly dont know

i never used the work break, but as each post got made, my question got morphed into breaking up for some unspecified period of time lol

i asked a question...then ya'll answered with all of these similar povs assuming that's what I meant i guess...i honestly dont know

i never used the work break, but as each post got made, my question got morphed into breaking up for some unspecified period of time lol

Let it out bruh we all hurt some time

But when you think about it, someone telling you they need space is initially a break from you. If they need a short period of time (hours) to get their thoughts together then cool but most people don’t ask for that after a small petty argument. They just take it. I think when it’s mentioned (especially during a rough patch in the relationship) that they need space to think over some things and it’s not just a “I need a moment to think” after an argument, they are legit asking for a break from you. Or it looks like a break.

yes they space and break mean different things but they also can definitely be used interchangeably.

Back