Welcome To aBlackWeb

what does dr dre, dr umar and dr sebi all have in common?

All of that shit applies to business. What makes you think you can run a business just because you have an idea? It'll need proper management, resourcing, etc. The product just changes, that's all, the rest of it as it applies to business is still needed.

Yes, and most of those people that you're talking about usually end up selling their ideas to people who have the infrastructure to market, produce, and sell the product. That's not the type of thing Umar was pushing. He was looking for people to fund him in doing everything, so again, it's perfectly natural that people would want to confirm that he had the credentials to do that. Just stop man. Asking for credentials is a normal thing. It's not something that only black people do. In fact, I'd say, it's probably something that black people don't do enough.

Sebi was a self-taught herbalist.
A glorified version of grandma telling you to gargle salt and water before going to the doctor.
He pushed common herbalist remedies and believed in certain dietary practices.
Once again, like an elder in your family would.
For some people that stuff works, and Dr.Sebi had people who claimed his methods worked.

But it was the lawsuit back in the 80's that gained him some popularity.
You can view the transcript here , in case anyone has the patience for legal text.
Ultimately ordered to stop saying he can cure all the diseases he claimed.
And offer refunds to anyone who felt they were scammed, but I don't see anything on how that went.

To be fair, The medical field calls a lot of the same herbal stuff "home remedies".
Then they charge you $50 to $100 co-pay to prescribe the same herbal shit to you.
When all you had to do was call your folks, or a herbalist, to be told the same thing.
It happens.
But still, sometimes you just need to consult a professional.

Black people do that too. If you have an actual idea for something that can just be created and pushed, all you need is someone who sees merit in that idea or understands it well enough to know whether or not it can work. That's different from coming up with a school that needs proper management, resourcing, curricula, and a bunch of other shit that requires a certain knowledge and skill set. If a white person went up to a bunch of white donors, and say "I want to make a specialized school for your children to go to, send me money," the first thing they would be asked is what makes you think you can do such a thing. Where do you go to school. You're not going to tell me that's not the case because I've worked in academia and the government, and I seen white people laugh at other white people just because they had the gall to propose something and not be from an Ivy League school.

lol my thing is why folks think black people don’t require proof especially when it comes from other black peoples?

I get it people think we wouldn’t ask a white person these same questions. But Dr Umar is specifically catering to black people tho saying he can do xyz for the community. Any real black organizer wouldn’t have any problem with that.

I JUST made a comment about Dr. Sebi the other day, too, lol.

Mfw I heard mfs wasting money on a Dr. Sebi documentary.

RIP NIP, and salute to Nick for wanting to bring knowledge to the people, but not like this.

I dont think he ever really did, but some random journalist looked up his records and he got a Doctorate at some school. This it was post in some thread on the IC
So then what does that prove? He clearly felt that he had nothing to prove and when someone went digging they were proven wrong. So now that he had the credentials can we move on from this now?

So why are we discussing his credentials? I know why. They don’t want them to be real.

Everything about Umar is about his school that he's trying to get off the ground. Can't speak against what the man says because he speaks a lot of truth.

This is my favorite interview with dude. I've bookmarked it right at one of the most poignant gems he's ever dropped.

There ain't really shit you can say behind that, so instead of trying to destroy his message and his knowledge, they go after his character in the hope that the people will stop fuckin' with him.

Everything about Umar is about his school that he's trying to get off the ground. Can't speak against what the man says because he speaks a lot of truth.

This is my favorite interview with dude. I've bookmarked it right at one of the most poignant gems he's ever dropped.

There ain't really shit you can say behind that, so instead of trying to destroy his message and his knowledge, they go after his character in the hope that the people will stop fuckin' with him.

Honest question, has this guy ever preached anything about accountability within the black community?

Did Dr sebi create a cure for aids or not?

If he did that information would require deeper research.
Hopefully, the documentary will shed light on that.
As it stands, the majority opinion in the medical industry is no.

The only people backing Dr. Sebi's claims are the folks who say his stuff works.
Some of these people are said to have come forth during the trial.
It would help him if they are in the documentary.

Also, he is not the only person in alternative medicine that claimed to develop a cure for such terminal diseases.
What's suspicious is that other people in alternative medicine had suspicious deaths in the same time frame.
Dr. Sebi wasn't the first or last within that conspiracy theory.
This was something floating around during the time of his death.
The medical industry would have a lot to gain from keeping that kind of talk in obscurity.

Dr.Sebis ideas on the alkaline diet are a popular theory in medicine.
One thing that's certain is the man always promoted living a healthier lifestyle.
We have to give him that much.

Last edited:
Back