Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What do you think is left for Sports games to achieve?

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
At this point, for a myriad of reasons, there arent many sports games left on the market.

At their core, all the games essentially did the same thing, but there were things that separated them from each other to the point where you could make a case for each of the respective titles for being your favorite.

Now, we are down to basically Madden (football), 2k (basketball), MLB the Show, FIFA/PES, NHL, etc..

i read something on twitter i think, last year, that they had to do some sorta algorithm to account for the probability of Steph hitting those 40ft 3pt shots. Im not sure how hard it was to do. Maybe it was a simple as he will make 4/10 attempts he takes from a certain spot on the floor or something.

Me personally, i dont play online AT ALL. Niggas love taking the fun out of shit, and there are people that just flat out, dont like losing so they rage quit..

im going on a tangent, but what else is there left?

I saw the latest NHL try to mimic the "stree" shit with their games on a lake feature as a selling point

thoughts

I will say this though, the game backbreaker might have been trash, but they were onto something with that QB cam. I wish more games featured that.

THAT actually took some skill...the god mode cam in Madden makes people think they are better than they really are b/c they are able to see the entire field at once instead of going through progressions.

I didnt like the vision cone in the old Madden games, but that was another feature that was ahead of its time

Honestly sports games shouldn't come out yearly. It should be every other year or every three years. Do a roster update and the necessary patches and be done with it. It's really hard to convince a person to pay $60 every year for minor changes.
Also difficulty level is hard to achieve. You have so many ratings for each player, too many moving pieces, schemes, etc. to essentially get it right.

Haven't played a sports game in a while, but I'm sure the industry would benefit from a mmo format. Probably something they are working on if it doesn't exist and might be easier with games outside of football. I could never master the manual catch or interception to save my life.

Big sports gamer here.

I was literally just talking about this with one of my potnas the other day. I def think that it will improve the quality of the game if they did an every other year release with roster updates and patches...but especially with Madden...there is no other pro football game. EA killed the competition when they got the sole NFL rights. So they can put out every uear and niggas will buy it its the only football game out there.

Now I will say this...they have been moving closer to a better sim expierence...its not perfect but its proly the best its ever been.

Me personally I dont play with the sky cam...I use the zoom cam....and for a while I was playing Defense with the defensive cam. Def makes it more challenging.

As far as bball its a little better because 2k doesnt have sole NBA rights...so there can be competition there...EA is trying to make a comeback with NBA Live...but 2K is prob too far ahead of them at this point.

IMO if EA never got them NFL rights 2k would prob have killed Madden too.

I miss the days when college football had a game. Going download the real rosters for players then importing them into the NFL draft. I used to have so much with that.

Last FB game I played...

271318b.jpg

Sports games are ass now. Pretty much the same shit every year. Hasn't really been any inovations since PS2 era, they're just recycling features now...

Last FB game I played...

271318b.jpg

Sports games are ass now. Pretty much the same shit every year. Hasn't really been any inovations since PS2 era, they're just recycling features now...

Classic game i was mad they wouldnt let you bring you Road to Heisman player to Madden like other editions.

I made VA Tech crazy nice tho

I remember that QB view...it was nice

That passing cone in Madden 08 I think was GOAT.

You really had to be skilled

backbreaker wasnt without it's criticisms, but i really appreciate what that game tried to bring to the industry

i just wish someone would've bought the technology and expanded upon it

The last madden I bought was with McNabb on the cover. I refuse to keep buying the same game every year with just minor changes.

And yeah the NCAA football series was GOAT.

I hope one day it comes back...

well this is the thing from most of the comments i used to see online

people for whatever reason, go ape shit over not having authentic teams, names, etc...

Backbreaker allowed you to make your own logos (which most people did for NFL teams) and edit rosters...problem solved

but nah...people liked madden b/c they got towels and handwarmers and shit

well this is the thing from most of the comments i used to see online

people for whatever reason, go ape shit over not having authentic teams, names, etc...

Backbreaker allowed you to make your own logos (which most people did for NFL teams) and edit rosters...problem solved

but nah...people liked madden b/c they got towels and handwarmers and shit

Same with 2ks pro football game

It had Jerry Rice, Montana and Barry Sanders

But folks were so hung up on the NFL thing instead of just playing a good football game

Same with 2ks pro football game

It had Jerry Rice, Montana and Barry Sanders

But folks were so hung up on the NFL thing instead of just playing a good football game
i got on this one MAD late...so unfortunately, i was one of these dudes you talking about

but when i did....man!!

the gameplay was leaps and bounds better than the madden that released that year and several maddens released after...Madden had just started implementing some of the stuff that was in APF2k8 damn near 8 years after it came out

it had bugs and shit, but none as game killing as Madden's

Back