Welcome To aBlackWeb

What do people mean when they say get rid of police and prisons?

It could mean get rid of the shitty police officers and bring in better ones. Also, getting rid of prisons and changing them into a rehabilitation center could help because prison doesn't help and some people come out of prison being worst than before they went in.

That's police reform though. It's not a call for that from what i understand.

I'm not sure this is the best place to try to understand such a concept. I dunno that anyone here really understand the ins and outs of what people have in mind when they say that.

I figure some may. Looks like @Race Jones understands and supports the idea. Dunno if she feels like explaining it though, or if anyone else has a strong grasp on it.

Daaamn Race, why you always coming in so hot? Haha. I don't have enough info on it to want to read more into it. Like if I have an idea of what alternatives are being proposed, and it sounds reasonable then I'd like to learn more about it. But if it's proposing a solution that sounds ridicules to me, then I don't want to invest any time, energy, or money into it.

sorry its just that i talk about this so often and at this point, ppl who dont get it, just dont want to get it.

Defund the police means divert those funds to social programmes. So counsellors might go to domestic abuse calls instead of armed officers for example.

Also the police have been needlessly militarised so get rid of that shit

As far as prisons go I haven't seen all but the most radical say remove them entirely but the goal should be keep them empty, not full so don't imprison non violent offenders and offer clear routes back into society ie allowin' inmates to learns trades and skills

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. In the real world you're not gonna stop people from doing bad shit. And unless you're really built for it a lawless land isn't for everybody. Some people would just be victims of crimes all the time.

They better learn some Cobra Kai, "Does weakness exist in this Dojo ? " "NO SENSEI !"

So Race is the only one in favor of abolishing police and prisons? Everyone else is in favor or some sort of reform, and possibly using funds currently spent on police for another cause to help society?

Why are you against the idea?

Last edited:
I dunno if I’m for the idea or against it. No one has ever explained the idea of abolishing prisons and police to me for me to know if I’m in favor or not. And I’m not arrogant enough to think I have a good grasp of it based on what it’s called.

Maybe in some far off utopian society where every single one of us use our freewill for the greater good and nothing else, this could be a reality. Eventually, just not any time soon

Actually some people when speaking on getting rid of police have really been meaning virtually in totality and those people are tripping and sound ridiculous.

Now the concept of just reallocating certain funds for social orgs etc. is more plausible if executed properly of course.

Maybe in some far off utopian society where every single one of us use our freewill for the greater good and nothing else, this could be a reality. Eventually, just not any time soon

This here ain't NEVER happening my dear ???

I dunno if I’m for the idea or against it. No one has ever explained the idea of abolishing prisons and police to me for me to know if I’m in favor or not. And I’m not arrogant enough to think I have a good grasp of it based on what it’s called.

I'm kinda in the same boat. That's why I was aaking what the police-less, prison-less society would look like. I'm currently against it though because I can't think of a better alternative.

I'm kinda in the same boat. That's why I was aaking what the police-less, prison-less society would look like. I'm currently against it though because I can't think of a better alternative.

No one is sayin' no police because there is no crime. We are sayin' redefine what police work is and direct monies accordingly

That's confusing then, because that just sounds like police reform. And they intentionally don't say reform, but say abolish instead.

Back