Welcome To aBlackWeb

What do people mean when they say get rid of police and prisons?

Bow to Royalty

Just facts
I've been seeing people online saying get rid of prisons and police. I understand the dislike for both. But what confuses me is, what alternative are they proposing?

If you're part of the no police/prisons crowd, or just understand them... help explain it to me.

No idea, the whole concept always felt like more of a pure thought experiment to me

Ideally you’d want social services and other forms of social deterrents to stave off the criminal element but that’s probably virtually impossible. Otherwise we’d be running around with the cops from demolition man and none of them were ready for a nigga dressed like Duke Nukem

Ideally you’d want social services and other forms of social deterrents to stave off the criminal element but that’s probably virtually impossible. Otherwise we’d be running around with the cops from demolition man and none of them were ready for a nigga dressed like Duke Nukem

That's what I was thinking. In the real world you're not gonna stop people from doing bad shit. And unless you're really built for it a lawless land isn't for everybody. Some people would just be victims of crimes all the time.

I'm not sure this is the best place to try to understand such a concept. I dunno that anyone here really understand the ins and outs of what people have in mind when they say that.

any Black person in 2021 still trying to legitimize cops and prisons is a fool. this is the age of information, activist have been talking about alternatives for ages. go research some shit. go study angela davis. go read “are prisons obsolete?”

89E454AC-5F9C-41EB-B29C-2BA143C1AC3E.jpeg

heres a list of books my friend complied for me that shaped my anti-prisons/cop politic years ago. go on amazon and buy one or two books from this list and report back.

im not doing this with yall today

its the lords day. be blessed

In theory, you dont have cops walking around with guns. The typical cop just goes around giving mfers tickets and shit.

You get specialize shit for specialized situations. Someone calls 9-11 cause someone with mental health issues is wildin out? You send out social workers trained to deal with that, not some scared mfer with a gun who looking for an excusd to catch a body.

Only time cops with guns are sent out are when a violent crime is reported.

This is already done in alot of countries. As always, America is super backwards, but also, still got this fuck ass American arrogance so we refuse to take the example of other countries.

Also, this is hard to do in america when mfers are allowed to walk around publics places like malls with army guns.

America is so wild. The more you think about it, the dumber america becomes

It could mean get rid of the shitty police officers and bring in better ones. Also, getting rid of prisons and changing them into a rehabilitation center could help because prison doesn't help and some people come out of prison being worst than before they went in.

Tax money is going towards the police regardless it’s the money for militarization of the police amongst other things is what needs defunding.

So defund just means reduce funding in certain areas? If true they really should have tried to sell that angle harder

In theory, you dont have cops walking around with guns. The typical cop just goes around giving mfers tickets and shit.

You get specialize shit for specialized situations. Someone calls 9-11 cause someone with mental health issues is wildin out? You send out social workers trained to deal with that, not some scared mfer with a gun who looking for an excusd to catch a body.

Only time cops with guns are sent out are when a violent crime is reported.

This is already done in alot of countries. As always, America is super backwards, but also, still got this fuck ass American arrogance so we refuse to take the example of other countries.

Also, this is hard to do in america when mfers are allowed to walk around publics places like malls with army guns.

America is so wild. The more you think about it, the dumber america becomes

A old Friend of mines got Married in Morocco some Years back and spent her Honeymoon in Europe--Spain. She told me that there are 2 types of Cops: one in Blue uniforms, and one in Black Uniforms who are armed. The ones in Blue uniforms only issue Citations, which happened to her when her and her Husband were driving around in the Country. All of a sudden, some Cop in a Blue uniform pulled her over and cited her for 3 Traffic violations. She was confused because she didn't see any Stop signs, nor the Cop who pulled her over.

Later that Night, they were in the City hanging out at McDonald's, when they heard a fracas outside. She went to investigate and saw a crowd of People gathered around yelling and jeering 2 Guys to fight; one was Middle-Eastern, and the other was Blacker than a MoFo (she said she could barely see his Black Ass in that dimly-lit Parking Lot). They were both popping shit to one another in their Native Language while the crowd was shouting louder and louder.

Guess who ends up busting out on the scene?

That's right, the Cops in Black, who are ARMED and TRAINED to SHOOT.

The min they showed up, EVERYBODY scattered like Rats & Roaches.

Apparently, nobody wanted any of that Gunsmoke.

:hahaha:

any Black person in 2021 still trying to legitimize cops and prisons is a fool. this is the age of information, activist have been talking about alternatives for ages. go research some shit. go study angela davis. go read “are prisons obsolete?”

View attachment 453388

heres a list of books my friend complied for me that shaped my anti-prisons/cop politic years ago. go on amazon and buy one or two books from this list and report back.

im not doing this with yall today

its the lords day. be blessed

Daaamn Race, why you always coming in so hot? Haha. I don't have enough info on it to want to read more into it. Like if I have an idea of what alternatives are being proposed, and it sounds reasonable then I'd like to learn more about it. But if it's proposing a solution that sounds ridiculous to me, then I don't want to invest any time, energy, or money into it.

Last edited:
A old Friend of mines got Married in Morocco some Years back and spent her Honeymoon in Europe--Spain. She told me that there are 2 types of Cops: one in Blue uniforms, and one in Black Uniforms who are armed. The ones in Blue uniforms only issue Citations, which happened to her when her and her Husband were driving around in the Country. All of a sudden, some Cop in a Blue uniform pulled her over and cited her for 3 Traffic violations. She was confused because she didn't see any Stop signs, nor the Cop who pulled her over.

Later that Night, they were in the City hanging out at McDonald's, when they heard a fracas outside. She went to investigate and saw a crowd of People gathered around yelling and jeering 2 Guys to fight; one was Middle-Eastern, and the other was Blacker than a MoFo (she said she could barely see his Black Ass in that dimly-lit Parking Lot). They were both popping shit to one another in their Native Language while the crowd was shouting louder and louder.

Guess who ends up busting out on the scene?

That's right, the Cops in Black, who are ARMED and TRAINED to SHOOT.

The min they showed up, EVERYBODY scattered like Rats & Roaches.

Apparently, nobody wanted any of that Gunsmoke.

:hahaha:

Ya, some cops don't mess around. I've seen Russian police videos, and they're quick to fuck you up, haha.

Back