Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are you watching? The Official TV Show Thread

The-Affair_s.jpg

Jus finished the final season of The Affair. This series is one crazy ride. S1 and S2 were GOAT. It was heading towards alltime great status. But then it turned into a up and down muddled mess. S3 was iight, but hella wierd. S4 was forgettable, but they killed off 1 of the 4 main characters (rumor is she asked to leave the show). S5 was iight, decent ending, there is a blah #MeToo story towards the end. Tho i wonder how this show would have originally ended if Ruth Wilson never left. And i feel misled that they never explained the different pov storylines that took place in every episode. Overall, good tv that started with a bang and ended with a whimper. I still fux with it tho.

@VIBE u still watch?

I gotta watch the last 4-5 episodes but lol at joanie being a whole sexual deviant, adulterous thot in the future. I laughed hard at that shit. They ain't have to even do all that. It was unnecessary.

What do you mean? When they would have scenes that had minor differences based on whose POV we were seeing it from? I actually liked that and thought it was an interesting way to tell a story. I just always just figured they were just telling it from that characters perspective and then we saw it from another characters perspective or how they remembered the events later in the episode

Yea. Thats what i mean. Alotta times, very different shit would happen in each persons POV. I assumed they meant one person was lying and they would one day reveal the "truth". It was a large part of what drew me to the show. But it what it is i guess

Last edited:
I gotta watch the last 4-5 episodes but lol at joanie being a whole sexual deviant, adulterous thot in the future. I laughed hard at that shit. They ain't have to even do all that. It was unnecessary.

They try to explain her issues at the end. And there is another twist. Its kinda silly, but ok i guess.

I'm almost finished The Americans got like 2 episodes left. Elizabeth annoying as hell this season.

Yea. Thats what i mean. Alotta times, very different shit would happen in each persons POV. I assumed they meant one person was lying and they would one day reveal the "truth". It was a large part of what drew me to the show. But it what it is it guess

Ah ok gotcha. Yeah I can see how one could feel being cheated out of the actual TRUTH being revealed. I had the same stance during the first season.. after we didnt really get it then I just chalked it up to thats how they were gonna tell the story.. with subtle differences depending on who's POV it is.

Decent series overall tho but I agree that the beginning seasons were far better than the later ones

1207-black-jesus-cartoon-network-adult-swim-3.jpg

Jus binged Black Jesus S3. Damn shame it took 4 years for season 3 to drop. Im sure the delay played a part in Fish, Maggie and King Bach leaving. RIP Charlie Murphy. Show definitely aint the same w/o them, but its still funny af imo. LOL at Boonie and his baby moms. And the new army nigga w ptsd is funny. Vatican, white dude PO, compton crusader and Homey's court eps were my favs. Funny show, it sux that Charlie died. And course John Witherspoon is dead now RIP. Even w all the changes to the cast, its still funny. If there is a S4, it'll prolly drop in 10 years smh

Last edited:
97906.jpg

Jus finished the final season of The Deuce. Another gem from David Simon. This season doesn't have the pimps and whores from S1 and S2. So it feels different. They were the most interesting part of the show imo. The story has moved on buts still good, jus not as interesting. Real good character development. David Simon is one hell of a storyteller. Lotta emotion and heart. Heavy on dialogue, but it works. Ending has a classic David Simon montage.

Back