Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are you watching? The Official TV Show Thread

Just finish Castle Ridge slow af anti climatic af
They would spend 1 1/2 ep. Just to build the climax then either cut to another scene or end sp on a cliffhanger. They did this the entire season. I skipped to the end. Mf

Any of yall check out "This Is Us"? I hear good things but it seems like something u gotta watch with your girl. Is it worth checking out?

I can't watch it because it's just too damn emotional it seems. All people talk about is how much it's going to make you cry. Nah, I'm good on that.

But that's just me. Everything I've ever seen about the show has been positive so I'm sure it's a great show.

Reactions: Lea
Any of yall check out "This Is Us"? I hear good things but it seems like something u gotta watch with your girl. Is it worth checking out?

I just started season 1 today. Honestly, it is pretty dramatic, but it's a good show. Would definitely be a good show to watch with your lady, but it's really a good show and not 100% a chick flick type of show. It hits you in the feels pretty hard each episode at least once. The writing is great on the show so far and the story is awesome. Pretty good acting from everyone for the most part. It's a pretty unique show as far as issues it deals with as well. Sterling k brown and mandy Moore do really well in their roles. Love the way the story progresses through flashbacks then current time. I'd say its definitely worth checking out but might be one of those shows youd need to be in the mood for.

I literally just peeped 5 episodes today cuz I kept seeing ads for the new season and heard it was really good. After the first episode I couldn't turn it off lol, just had to see what happened next.

Bet, I'll try to check it out this weekend.

I watched the first ep of "maniac" on Netflix last night. Trash. It's a wack version of Mr Robot imo.

I watched the first ep of "maniac" on Netflix last night. Trash. It's a wack version of Mr Robot imo.

I thought it was cool. But after 3 episodes decided not to binge so I could soak it properly. It's not Mr. Robot like at all. That's a trash comparison.

Damn I was pretty excited for maniac when I originally heard about it but I wasn't impressed with the trailer. I think I'll still peep just off the strength of fukunga creating it but he also did true detective season 2 so not expecting much haha

I just started season 1 today. Honestly, it is pretty dramatic, but it's a good show. Would definitely be a good show to watch with your lady, but it's really a good show and not 100% a chick flick type of show. It hits you in the feels pretty hard each episode at least once. The writing is great on the show so far and the story is awesome. Pretty good acting from everyone for the most part. It's a pretty unique show as far as issues it deals with as well. Sterling k brown and mandy Moore do really well in their roles. Love the way the story progresses through flashbacks then current time. I'd say its definitely worth checking out but might be one of those shows youd need to be in the mood for.

I literally just peeped 5 episodes today cuz I kept seeing ads for the new season and heard it was really good. After the first episode I couldn't turn it off lol, just had to see what happened next.

Yeah I went over to my boys crib and him and his girl were watching. I immediately clowned and she was like just watch it's good. 3 episodes later I understood why they fuck with it. It's good television just really dramatic and heavy handed. Not for me but I can understand why ppl fuck with it heavy. It's basically shameless on the other spectrum of light to shameless' dark. If that makes sense.

Damn I was pretty excited for maniac when I originally heard about it but I wasn't impressed with the trailer. I think I'll still peep just off the strength of fukunga creating it but he also did true detective season 2 so not expecting much haha

It's good. Don't listen to this nigga.

Yeah I went over to my boys crib and him and his girl were watching. I immediately clowned and she was like just watch it's good. 3 episodes later I understood why they fuck with it. It's good television just really dramatic and heavy handed. Not for me but I can understand why ppl fuck with it heavy. It's basically shameless on the other spectrum of light to shameless' dark. If that makes sense.

Lol that's hilarious cuz yesterday when I started it I was comparing it to other shows and the only real comparison I could think of was "this is shameless, except with much nicer people" lmao.

The format is essentially just like shameless though. Will hit you in the feels hard af but then throw out a comedic moment to bring you back up and make you happy haha. Just a very well written show and the stories are unique af.

yea the maniac trailer didn't really impress me. But its getting very good reviews, I guess the trailer was hiding a lot. Its on the list now.

lol @ the mr robot comparison, It did have a Legion feel to me tho.

yea the maniac trailer didn't really impress me. But its getting very good reviews, I guess the trailer was hiding a lot. Its on the list now.

lol @ the mr robot comparison, It did have a Legion feel to me tho.

Definitely closer to legion than Mr. Robot but it's unlike either. Only thing relative is that it deals with mentally unstable people. It's unlike anything else on tv.

snowfall-12-allshows.jpg

Jus binged Snowfall S2. Dope fuckin season. Im all the way sold on this show now. S1 was meh, lotta plot holes n poor writing. But imo S2 fixed all that, huge improvement. Writing n directing really stepped up. This show really got better. This coulda been Narcos S4 imo, it was that good. Also loved all the characters arcs. Solid 8.5/10 from me. Super geeked for S3.

Tho FX really gotta stop w the "last time on..." recap b4 each ep. It gives away certain parts of the plot.

Bout to start The Handmaids Tale S2 next.

It's time for Big Bang Theory to ride off into the sunset, last season was trash and this season first two episodes haven't been good.

Maniac was a damn good watch. Nothing mind blowing, but I was locked in and binged it this weekend.

Emma Stone was excellent in this. Best acting I've ever seen her do.

Jonah Hill tried too hard to be serious and sad, but it didn't bother me too much.

The episodes only last a half hour or so, so 10 episodes aren't as hard to get through.

Back