Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are you watching? The Official TV Show Thread

@Hustletown

ok...so...and i hate to use this term, but mad men is a "smart show"

the character development is done very well

this takes place in an era where you could smoke in offices, drink hard liquor in the middle of the day, sexism in the workplace with how they viewed women, lack of minorities (until maybe S3 i think) in the workplace, and these dudes all having side pieces while being "happily" married.

Its very time centric, but i like how it kinda contrasts with how differently marketing is today vs back then.

They take the time to show you the intricacies of the sales pitch to potential clients, and they dont always land them which i think adds a level of realism b/c you get to watch how the company deals with it moving forward

make no mistake, this is a show about white men who have it all, at least professionally, but most of them in their personal lives are a train wreck.

I got on this show mad late b/c i couldnt understand how the show was taking so much of AMC's budget that other shows like Breaking Bad and Walking dead suffered and had to make concessions. But when you watch it, hell, they probably were paying a grip for licensing of products and music, not to mention set pieces. Jon Hamm is a good ass actor in this show too.

I think you would really like it brah

Fargo s3
I only got 2 eps left but this ain't hitting me like s2. It's cool but it's like..ehhh. S2 was phenomenal and high key one of the greatest seasons of television I've ever seen

Fargo s3
I only got 2 eps left but this ain't hitting me like s2. It's cool but it's like..ehhh. S2 was phenomenal and high key one of the greatest seasons of television I've ever seen

Yea. Fargo S3 doesnt hold a candle to S2. Huge drop off. From what i can remember most of it was a struggle watch for me.

Yea. Fargo S3 doesnt hold a candle to S2. Huge drop off. From what i can remember most of it was a struggle watch for me.
Ok so it's not just me. Cuz I kept seeing reviews for it in the late 80s-90s/100. I was like am I missing something cuz this shit ain't hitting.

I fucks with the woman chief but other than that idrc about nothing going on.

just finished succession season 1.. good watch IMO, well writtern. very entertating drama

just watched episode 1 of the trayvon Martin specail.. good watch but fucking infuriating

Attachments

• succession.jpg
    succession.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
just finished succession season 1.. good watch IMO, well writtern. very entertating drama

just watched episode 1 of the trayvon Martin specail.. good watch but fucking infuriating
I keep seeing ads for this on HBO, but wasnt sure if I'd like it. I hear its had great reviews though, might have to check it out.

I’m watching What Happened To Monday on Netflix and it’s pretty good so far

Nobodies-season-1-poster-TV-Land-key-art.jpg

Jus binged S2 of the tv comedy Nobodies. Its about three struggling comedy writers tryin to make it in hollywood. S1>S2, but its solid. I fux w it.

Last edited:
The first season of Martin was so fucking raw.

The adult humor was insane!

Back