Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are you watching? The Official TV Show Thread

i'm only going to spoiler this b/c its in a general tv discussion but

mr. robot is elliot, unless i still dont understand your question

My take

MR.Robot is his father, who became a voice in his (elliot) head for reasons I still don't know.

Before he was ignoring the voice/alt ego and trying to run from it, now he accepts him and talks back (i noticed for the last few eps he would talk to Mr.Robot and nobody would see that he's talking, but before it would look like he was talking to himself).

So while I know they're the same, the voice is still from his father, but why and how did it get to this point?

Last edited by a moderator:
My take

MR.Robot is his father, who became a voice in his (elliot) head for reasons I still don't know.

Before he was ignoring the voice/alt ego and trying to run from it, now he accepts him and talks back (i noticed for the last few eps he would talk to Mr.Robot and nobody would see that he's talking, but before it would look like he was talking to himself).

So while I know they're the same, the voice is still from his father, but why and how did it get to this point?

yes...the voice in his head is his father, but its him as his father telling him stuff if that makes sense.

Think of it like dexter in the latter seasons once his father dies, yet, his father still talks to him in his head. That was Dexter's conscience manifesting itself as his father.

also, elliot is a HUGE drug user. That and his periods where he doesnt sleep, its not hard to fathom why its gotten to where it has.

Last edited:
yes...the voice in his head is his father, but its him as his father telling him stuff if that makes sense.

Think of it like dexter in the latter seasons once his father dies, yet, his father still talks to him in his head. That was Dexter's conscience manifesting itself as his father.

also, elliot is a HUGE drug user. That and his periods where he doesnt sleep, its not hard to fathom why its gotten to where it has.

How Do you think Angela and Darlene's characters are gonna play out? Do you think Darlene will make it out of jail, if so how? What do you think happened in Angela's meeting with the tranny nigga to where Angela told homie to shoot Elliot ?

How Do you think Angela and Darlene's characters are gonna play out? Do you think Darlene will make it out of jail, if so how? What do you think happened in Angela's meeting with the tranny nigga to where Angela told homie to shoot Elliot ?

idk man...lol

anything is possible at this point. I will go back and watch the final two episodes of season 2 b/c i like this discussion and i wanna give a more informed opinion

Thx for pressuring me to watch "Game of Thrones" @AP21 . Im almost done with s1. I might skip s2-s6 and go straight to s7 tho.

i got a buncha other shows too i think you would like as well lol

let me know when you ready

take your time with GoT though. There are a LOT of moving parts. And they are breaking the final season up into two halves so you might be caught up with everyone else by the time you finish

finally got to the "where's wallace" scene in the wire...no matter how many times i see this, it always gives me the same feeling

such a powerful scene.

Been watching something new called Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on hulu.......it's the weirdest detective show I've ever seen. It's like somebody mixed monk, psyche, and that show wilford together. It's funny but at the same time it's so casually violent and I don't wtf is going most of the time but I like it.

Just started watching Greenleaf...idk why I thought i wouldn't like it ...something about it seemed kinda low budget. But just finished the first episode. This shit fire already. And this is coming from somebody who ain't religious.

:popcorn:

Ozark, you guys need to watch it.

Outside of that cringing gay blowjob scene in Episode 3 I think, it is a good show.

Very different from what is out there.

Marco Polo was my shit. Ozark good too.

i wanted to get into MP, but for some reason i passed on it

you and i seem to have similar tastes in shows so i'll give this one ago after i finish my 4th viewing of the wire

Back