Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

I’d imagine it reassures not having to fry longer which would have risk of burning the outside with the inside still being undercooked.

I was just asking in general.

I saw one video where someone was air frying them joints and said boiling them beforehand helped with the texture and flavor
That is the only way I cook my potatoes. I boiled them until tender. Not to tender cause It breaks up when too soft. I put it in the refrigerator to cool it down for no more than 10mins. You want to cool it so the slices dont break up. Then i pan fry them. I use duck fat but you can use any oil.

Shit be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

This is a old pic.
20230605_174030_HDR.jpg

what does it do for potato wedges? make them crispier? More flavor if you season the water its boiling in?
Bc they are a thicker cut and I want to ensure the inside is done by the time the outside is brown and crispy. And I do season my water too.

I’m not doing this for any other homemade fries. It’s season or no season then straight to the grease, air fryer, or oven.

Anyone pour boiling water on their chicken with skin before cooking it? Yall should try it. Makes the skin more crispy. The skin tightens up when you pour the water on the chicken. Works very well if you deep frying. I dont deep fry though. Oven or air fry

Anyone pour boiling water on their chicken with skin before cooking it? Yall should try it. Makes the skin more crispy. The skin tightens up when you pour the water on the chicken. Works very well if you deep frying. I dont deep fry though. Oven or air fry
Nah man.

Back