Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

I wanted some fresh duck fat so if bought a duck. Gonna try this new peking duck recipe I found.

View attachment 1284315

I made peking duck once but the recipe called for hanging it in the kitchen for a day if I remember correctly. That shit seemed sketchy to me but since these chinese places are charging like $40 for half a duck around here I might have to revisit that. Maybe I'll try the boiling water technique to speed up the process a little bit.

I made peking duck once but the recipe called for hanging it in the kitchen for a day if I remember correctly. That shit seemed sketchy to me but since these chinese places are charging like $40 for half a duck around here I might have to revisit that. Maybe I'll try the boiling water technique to speed up the process a little bit.

Peking duck is like a 2 day process at least. Some do 3 days.

You fill the cavity with either aromatics or some create a thick marinade

You get an air pump and fill the duck with air to seperate the skin from the meat.

Then you get maltose and vinegar. Boil it. Pour it on the duck . That will tighten the skin.

Then hang the duck on your refrigerator for 1-2 days. If you cant hang it, you can use a roasting rack. This will air dry the duck

Now it is ready to cook. The skin should be crispy.

I put a goat even though you murdered that broccoli.

What do you use the duck fat for?
I steamed the broccoli in my crock pot but had it in the crock pot until every thing was done.

Think of duck fat the same way people use pork fat. They call duck fat liquid gold. I save both for different recipes. Potatoes in duck fat is popular. It is a game changer. Duck fat has a potent taste. Shit is just different. You can use it to also fry chicken. Among other things.

Screenshot_20240323-000209.png

Putting cold oil on the skin doesn't do anything.

The hot water helps tighten and shrink the skin, effectively reducing excess fat and moisture. This is important because the presence of moisture and fat can hinder the crisping process

@Nicky dimes you came in here trying to remix what @loud-ninja saying.....

so for the record @loud-ninja pour boiling hot water on the skin then season and cook like you normally would correct?
Lol I don’t want no smoke.

Baking chicken/turkey not really my forte so I haven’t heard about this technique. I can see what he saying though . My mind just went straight to what I would do to make the skin crispy.

Back