What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

Damn that's a lot for one morning. You got folks doing pick ups? Cause I would dare think about delivering all those on the same day as I cooked them.
Most definitely it's all pick ups. I have to go get a burner and another pot from my friend so I'll have 3 burners going and got turkeys at my folks and aunt house. Gone be juicing tomorrow morning

• Goat
Reactions: Inori
Most definitely it's all pick ups. I have to go get a burner and another pot from my friend so I'll have 3 burners going and got turkeys at my folks and aunt house. Gone be juicing tomorrow morning

I got deliveries for Wed evening and Thurs morning. Got my turkeys for Wed brining now and will be brining the Thurs turkeys starting tonight.

I got deliveries for Wed evening and Thurs morning. Got my turkeys for Wed brining now and will be brining the Thurs turkeys starting tonight.
You frying or smoking em? And ain't no way I'm door dashing a fried turkey. When I drop em I let em know and it'll be ready in such and such time if they not there they'll be sitting to the side ready for em to pick it up. The only thing i may do is bring out to the car to em.

You frying or smoking em? And ain't no way I'm door dashing a fried turkey. When I drop em I let em know and it'll be ready in such and such time if they not there they'll be sitting to the side ready for em to pick it up. The only thing i may do is bring out to the car to em.

Both.

I do a mix of pick-ups and deliveries. Pick-ups are mainly people I know who I don't mind knowing where I live. Everybody else gets a door delivery or meet-up spot. I charge for delivery so I don't mind.

• Goat
Reactions: Banginscrew901
@Banginscrew901 @DMorgan yall brine them joints? if so homemade brine or store brought? any suggestions?
Naw I don't brine straight creole butter marinade with a hint of some seasoning in it before I shoot em up. Now if you have a bass pro or hunting spot you can go to they have those packs you just use water and ice

• Goat
Both.

I do a mix of pick-ups and deliveries. Pick-ups are mainly people I know who I don't mind knowing where I live. Everybody else gets a door delivery or meet-up spot. I charge for delivery so I don't mind.
See I know if I tried that they gone try to get out of paying for delivery but all but 2 are people I know and close friends. But the ones that have come over I take it to the car and that's it.

@Inori for frying you really don't have to brine. The injection is all you really need. I brine for smoking because of how long the cook time is instead opening the lid and mopping or spraying it. Opening the door around every 30 mins or so extends the cook time cause it lets out heat and smoke.

that Tony Cacheres joint?
That and zatarans but I always put more seasoning in the marinade then shake it up and get to work. Always wanted to try those other flavors but don't want to change what's not broke

• Goat
See I know if I tried that they gone try to get out of paying for delivery but all but 2 are people I know and close friends. But the ones that have come over I take it to the car and that's it.

Just roll the price of delivery into the cost that you tell them. It's something I've learned. Some folks don't mind the delivery fee and those that do. I don't even tell them I just roll it into the price and they don't even know it.

• Goat
Reactions: Banginscrew901
Just roll the price of delivery into the cost that you tell them. It's something I've learned. Some folks don't mind the delivery fee and those that do. I don't even tell them I just roll it into the price and they don't even know it.
I have so many to cook think last year it was 7. But I also provide everything.

I have so many to cook think last year it was 7. But I also provide everything.

I get it. That's why I'm doing them in 2 days. I get folks their food by 12 on Thurs. I smoke whole salmon filets as well. So I got work to do. Salmon is cool because even smoking at 250 degrees its done in a little over an hour and I can do about 4 at time.