Welcome To aBlackWeb

what actually counts as cheating? a therapist, a lawyer and a sex worker explain...

i wouldnt put all of this on black couples as there are a rack of unhappy white couples but the difference is, they make arrangements and have understandings and tend to stay married on paper for public perception

dont get it twisted like its just relegated to black communities

Marriage is work, no matter the color of the participants

whats sad living in the hood (solely my choice) or not knowing any Black married couples?
not knowing any healthily married black couples. why would I say living in the hood is saddening? lol.
whats sad living in the hood (solely my choice) or not knowing any Black married couples?
not knowing happily married Black couples is not uncommon.
I mean there are studies that have shown the prospects of marriage for Black women is a lot tougher compared to those in other racial groups.

I dont know any. I have male friends that are married but theyre currently cheating on their wives so thats not saying much.

Im also speaking about older couples, older Black couples.
and no I dont know of too many Black people in satisfying relationships at this time.
I know marriage isn't the default but I honestly didn't think that not knowing any happily married black couples was common.

most of my older relatives are married. from what I've personally seen, most healthy marriages of 15 yrs+ eventually look more like friendships than romantic partnerships. never understood the romanticization of marriages that last till the grave.

girl, can u elaborate on ur friends cheating on their wives? I wld struggle not to Muay Thai kick them out of my circle. do they have redeeming qualities?
I mean to the outside world they may appear happy but when its all said and done there's a lot of BS happening behind close doors.

True. there's no way of knowing how many of the happy couples we see are truly healthy behind closed doors. isn't easy to gauge cuz not every1 airs out their dirty laundry.

Back