Welcome To aBlackWeb

What’s that one unhealthy food you can’t stop eating?

I do from time to time. lol It's not that I don't know how to avoid soda. I just don't do it because I like it. Like I said, I've cut down. I drink more water than anything else, but I can't kick it completely.
I gotcha

I was able to kick soda cause I realized the drive thru was the only time I was buying it

I gotcha

I was able to kick soda cause I realized the drive thru was the only time I was buying it

Ahhh, that makes sense.

I really only drink it with dinner now. I don't think it's that big a deal, but if there was one thing I'd cut out, it would be that. There ain't really anything good about soda at all other than the taste.

I'll give them a try. I've never tried those particular brands, but the others didn't have the combination of sweetness and carbonation that I like.

Let "sweetness" go. You don't need it.

"The World Health Organization on Monday warned against using artificial sweeteners to control body weight or reduce the risk of noncommunicable diseases, saying that long-term use is not effective and could pose health risks.

These alternatives to sugar, when consumed long term, do not serve to reduce body fat in either adults or children, the W.H.O. said in a recommendation, adding that continued consumption could increase the risk of Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and mortality in adults.

“The recommendation applies to all people except individuals with pre-existing diabetes and includes all synthetic and naturally occurring or modified nonnutritive sweeteners that are not classified as sugars found in manufactured foods and beverages, or sold on their own to be added to foods and beverages by consumers,” the W.H.O. said.
"

Let "sweetness" go. You don't need it.

"The World Health Organization on Monday warned against using artificial sweeteners to control body weight or reduce the risk of noncommunicable diseases, saying that long-term use is not effective and could pose health risks.

These alternatives to sugar, when consumed long term, do not serve to reduce body fat in either adults or children, the W.H.O. said in a recommendation, adding that continued consumption could increase the risk of Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and mortality in adults.

“The recommendation applies to all people except individuals with pre-existing diabetes and includes all synthetic and naturally occurring or modified nonnutritive sweeteners that are not classified as sugars found in manufactured foods and beverages, or sold on their own to be added to foods and beverages by consumers,” the W.H.O. said.
"

True, but we don't need most of things we like.

I don't mess with those artificial sweeteners though. I don't like them.

True, but we don't need most of things we like.

I don't mess with those artificial sweeteners though. I don't like them.

Those two I recommended I done put a few folks up on those brands. The general consensus is the best tasting ones are the two I pointed out (cherry and lime/watermelon). They don't use sweeteners at all and there's plenty of carbonation. So far it's been the best thing to get me off of pop. At this point, if I have one pop every other week that's it. And now the shit is too sweet to even enjoy like I used to.

Those two I recommended I done put a few folks up on those brands. The general consensus is the best tasting ones are the two I pointed out (cherry and lime/watermelon). They don't use sweeteners at all and there's plenty of carbonation. So far it's been the best thing to get me off of pop. At this point, if I have one pop every other week that's it. And now the shit is too sweet to even enjoy like I used to.

Yeah I get what you're saying. I use to be able to drink one of those 20 oz bottles in one go. Ever since I started to cut down, I can only drink about half before I've had enough.

I'll give those two a try. You might be right. A good alternative might be all I need to walk away from soda completely. I might also try just getting seltzer water and sweetening it a little with real fruit.

Back