Welcome To aBlackWeb

We Should Be Able To Identify As W.e We Want

No but I'm sayin there are other factors involved...

.;l'//

But Im shut up tho cos im high....

Eat up, I want an apology and u gotta show me how sorry u are later

There are no black or Asian genes that define someone's race, said David Freund, a historian at the University of Maryland in College Park, who studies the history of racial "science," conflict and identity.

"Race and ethnicity are both 100 percent invented by modern societies," Freund told Live Science. [The Best Genealogy Software for Tracing Your Family Tree]

Just because race is constructed by society, however, doesn't mean its real-life consequences are nil or that race is malleable, he added. Race is a hierarchical system of classifying people based on four or five visible characteristics — such as skin color and hair texture — in order to confer certain privileges to one group and to disempower and discriminate against another, Freund said. And crucially, society plays a big part in defining race; few people have the option of choosing their racial identity, he added.

Full study: http://www.livescience.com/51245-what-is-ethnicity-racial-identity.html
aight. I'll give u props for coming with a receipt

All this means is Ima be a lil more understanding of transracials then :disnig:

@Joshua I have a question for you.

You seem to agree with the opinion that transgendered people should be able to identify with whatever sex they feel they should be. You've said that as long as they are not causing themselves harm, there should be a non issue with them choosing the the gender they want to live their life as and everyone should accept it.

Should transgendered folks feel an obligation to disclose the fact that they are transgendered to others that may habe a romantic interest in them? And I'm talking a person that has fully transitioned in to the opposite sex and others wouldn't be able to tell they were transgendered.

:hmm:

I share @Joshua's view wholeheartedly, he's my twin n he don't even know it. u ain't asked me but idgaf, Ima contribute too.

my answer is tht not disclosing the fact that they are trans, even if they've fully transitioned, is where it breaches on another person's personal freedoms. they have every right to live as the gender they feel, but the person they're dating as every right to choose not to continue dating them on those grounds. It's harsh but it's life.

It's kinda like someone who has kids lying bout havin kids when they realize the person they have mutual romantic interest in doesn't wanna date someone with kids. Is there something wrong with being a parent? No. That don't mean everyone gonna wanna date u tho.

Make that a thread

"Should trans have to tell the person they're talking to they're trans?"

Make that a thread

"Should trans have to tell the person they're talking to they're trans?"
The majority of active members on this site don't even acknowledge that trans people are the gender they identify as. How there gonna be someone defending trans people withholding that info from a date?

I think that thread would have more room for debate if we were on a site where the majority accepted trans people as their identified gender.

Too much of a leap currently.

@Joshua I have a question for you.

You seem to agree with the opinion that transgendered people should be able to identify with whatever sex they feel they should be. You've said that as long as they are not causing themselves harm, there should be a non issue with them choosing the the gender they want to live their life as and everyone should accept it.

Should transgendered folks feel an obligation to disclose the fact that they are transgendered to others that may habe a romantic interest in them? And I'm talking a person that has fully transitioned in to the opposite sex and others wouldn't be able to tell they were transgendered.

:hmm:
I agree with everything @BNE said.

The majority of active members on this site don't even acknowledge that trans people are the gender they identify as. How there gonna be someone defending trans people withholding that info from a date?

I think that thread would have more room for debate if we were on a site where the majority accepted trans people as their identified gender.

Too much of a leap currently.

That's beyond the point. We already agree that trans were born as a certain "sex" , regardless of which gender they identify with , the person they plan to get intimate with should know the sex they were born as. It's no longer just about them at that point.

An apology 2 u = hosed down wet t shirt contest pics, insta-thot style

I c u

well...

200.gif

Back