Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ways Single Mothers Destroy their sons.........does she have a point?

The biggest issues in this line of thinking is that all men are created equal.

There's not just a few exceptions..... There's enough examples of HORRIBLE niggaz who have no fucking business around their sons or any other children for that matter

A man in the home isn't the instant cure all for raising boys. The nigga has to actually be worth a shit.... Want to be engaged in the childs life.... And have a good enough relationship with the mom to be effective.

A lotta dudes are soooo bad in some of that shit, I'd argue that they do more harm to the kids life they in than good....

And that's way more common than the conditions explain in the original posts

facts this shit is 360 degrees. Like you can’t just provide money and never talk the the kid but you can’t be emotionally available but never work anywhere

facts this shit is 360 degrees. Like you can’t just provide money and never talk the the kid but you can’t be emotionally available but never work anywhere
Bruh, niggaz be right out front my house.... Like this the strip and they'll have their babies outside with them on the strip and in their minds that's good dad shit.... Mind you on two different occasions in the past 5 years on our neighborhood alone kids got shot on the strip and niggaz asking why was the kids out there to begin with....

Yet here we go.... Niggaz in the car with their son's...smoking weed.... making sales.... shooting dice....I mean yeah the kid learning the game. But I'm just saying if the mom took the baby and moved in with family out the city..... The child would be in a much safer environment.

It's just too much that be play to be so sure that every dad makes every son better..... Sometimes them single moms be the best case scenario

Why are we so conditioned to celebrate motherhood and never examine it thoroughly?

Even with the disclaimer at the very beginning "not all single mothers", we rush past the discussion to excuse or justify any and everything wrong that happens as a result of single mother households.

This is only a necessary conversation BECAUSE mothers are typically the primary caregivers of their children. We can talk about the justice system, male female relationships, etc separately but instead of taking offense to everything, why not view the failures of single motherhood as a result of the breakdown of the family household?

If this were a thread about the failures of single fatherhood, you same people would fight tooth and nail to make sure the conversation remained squarely upon the responsibility and accountability of the father.

Last edited:
tbh as someone that use to work in the education field, i feel a lot of ppl arent good parents in general. outside of making sure certain needs are met (food, shelter, clothing) they struggle in fully connecting with their child on an emotional level.

i wouldnt place blame on man or woman when it comes to folks being fucked up out here. nobody is perfect and ppl will fail in the parenting role consistently but its extremely important that ppl create a life for a child where they feel safe, listened to, and comforted.

outside of teaching your children life skills, how are you helping them gain introspection so they can relate to others in positive ways?

children don’t necessarily need to grow up in a two parent household but they do need someone that can help them grow into becoming emotionally intelligent adults.

Why are we so conditioned to celebrate motherhood and never examine it thoroughly?

Even with the disclaimer at the very beginning "not all single mothers", we rush past the discussion to excuse or justify any and everything wrong that happens as a result of single mother households.

This is only a necessary conversation BECAUSE wome are typically the primary caregivers of their children. We can talk about the justice system, male female relationships, etc separately but instead of taking offense to everything, why not view the failures of single motherhood as a result of the breakdown of the family household?

If this were a thread about the failures of single fatherhood, you same people would fight tooth and nail to make sure the conversation remained squarely upon the responsibility and accountability of the father.
When have you ever seen a thread attacking single fathers?

tbh as someone that use to work in the education field, i feel a lot of ppl arent good parents in general. outside of making sure certain needs are met (food, shelter, clothing) they struggle in fully connecting with their child on an emotional level.

i wouldnt place blame on man or woman when it comes to folks being fucked up out here. nobody is perfect and ppl will fail in the parenting role consistently but its extremely important that ppl create a life for a child where they feel safe, listened to, and comforted.

outside of teaching your children life skills, how are you helping them gain introspection so they can relate to others in positive ways?

children don’t necessarily need to grow up in a two parent household but they do need someone that can help them grow into being emotionally intelligent adults.
Exactly.... Being a good parent supercedes gender every combination of who's there and who's not

Le Siiiigh

There are very few single mothers who actually choose to be. I'd venture to say, most single mothers are so because the fathers choose not to be in the child's life.

*Out before another "Black women are the reason Black men/boys are phucked up/gay/in prison and are responsible for all the ills of the world" thread ensues*

P.S.

You say "most", meaning at least 51% of mothers.

Bet.

So how often do you think this situation occurs? The father does not want to be with the mother, and the mother declares that by not being with her, the father therefore must not want to be in the child's life either and takes action to keep them apart be it through the courts, moving to another state, telling the child the father doesn't want them, instigating arguments with the father, violating visitation rights, etc.

When have you ever seen a thread attacking single fathers?
I have never seen such a thread, which is precisely my point.

I also have never seen a thread about how we breathe air.

Why? Because it's such a regularity that it need not be discussed specifically. It's widely assumed that single fathers are either deadbeats, voluntarily absent, irresponsible for the child's wellbeing, or otherwise not suited to be in their child's life.

I have never seen such a thread, which is precisely my point.

I also have never seen a thread about how we breathe air.

Why? Because it's such a regularity that it need not be discussed specifically. It's widely assumed that single fathers are either deadbeats, voluntarily absent, irresponsible for the child's wellbeing, or otherwise not suited to be in their child's life.

Just like it's also widely assumed that every time a dude is not in a child's life he's a great dude dealing with a bitter mom.

Exactly.... Being a good parent supercedes gender every combination of who's there and who's not
You are right but are we gonna pretend some people don’t think they are the better parent based off gender?

courts at times need damn near every bit of evidence a mother is a bad mother before exchanging custody. Even if she’s not a great parent

Back