Welcome To aBlackWeb

Washed Awards: hilarious odd injury moments

I was playing ball during lunch at a court outside of the job. My Achilles had been sore the prior 2 times I played but I refused to accept I was washed and thought it would get better the more I played.

Nope!

I tried to make a cut to the rim and heard a loud ass POP!

Sounded like a gunshot in the distance, but nah, it was my Achilles rupturing.

Didn't even know it happened so I took the next step on my still good right foot. When the left came back around I crumbled. Looked something like

Sat on the curb like I'm good, y'all go ahead and finish the game, still not accepting my fate.

When it was time to walk back in I had to give it up. Could barely move. Co-workers had to pull my car around and I drove to the Orthopedist.

Ended up getting casted and rolling on one of these for a few weeks:

You never feel as washed as you do when you riding one of these, smh.

And my Achilles still hurts every time I run and it's been 3 years now. Needless to say I hadn't played ball since either.

Hit my knee on the first chair in the aisle while trying to get to my seat...Fell down the aisle to avoid falling down the stairs ....while walking up the stairs at the United Center while carrying hot nacho cheese chips, fries and a bottle water...that hot nacho cheese fell on my hand ....took some skin off my hand, my knee was swollen and shit....my pride was more hurt than anything....mad ole white ladies talking bout u ok? Nah bitch u just seen what happened

Back in 08'...me and 3 of my coworkers decided to meet up an play some basketball...then retired.

At that time I think only ONE of us was in shape to play. Hell...we teased our coworker who was in shape as he got the car, b/c this brotha acted like the announcer called his name during a starting line up intro, then yanked off his windbreaker pants like he ready to get things started. Lol.

It started off wit just us 4 playing 21....washed.

Then a group of guys showed up and we got a full court game going on...Washed Level 15,000

NIG-GAS!!!! I thought I was doing good going up & down the court...until my body said "BITCH IS YOU OUT YO MIND???" After that, I just shut down. I couldn't even run no more I was so gassed. When a ball got passed across the court...I just stood there and barely jumped up. Figure I'd at least finger block pass to show I was playing some kinda defense.

After the 1st game...I was done. My other coworkers got in on game #2, while my Steelo azzz sat on the bleachers wit the chicks who came to watch...Washed Level Ultra Instinct.

Started to feel the effects later that evening when I went to get some pussy, and my body once again said "BITCH IS YOU OUT YO MIND???" Oh but the worse was yet to come. B/c you see...I wasn't the only one who was washed. The following day ALL of us was feeling the consequences & repercussions of said game.

My WHOLE damn body felt like we got jumped...then ran over by a fuccin stampede. We're walkin around lookin like old azzz men, taking our time wit each step we took. We laughed, but definitely regretted it. That's when I knew my bball days was...

Hung it up. Haven't stepped foot on a court after that day.

Back in 08'...me and 3 of my coworkers decided to meet up an play some basketball...then retired.

At that time I think only ONE of us was in shape to play. Hell...we teased our coworker who was in shape as he got the car, b/c this brotha acted like the announcer called his name during a starting line up intro, then yanked off his windbreaker pants like he ready to get things started. Lol.

It started off wit just us 4 playing 21....washed.

Then a group of guys showed up and we got a full court game going on...Washed Level 15,000

NIG-GAS!!!! I thought I was doing good going up & down the court...until my body said "BITCH IS YOU OUT YO MIND???" After that, I just shut down. I couldn't even run no more I was so gassed. When a ball got passed across the court...I just stood there and barely jumped up. Figure I'd at least finger block pass to show I was playing some kinda defense.

After the 1st game...I was done. My other coworkers got in on game #2, while my Steelo azzz sat on the bleachers wit the chicks who came to watch...Washed Level Ultra Instinct.

Started to feel the effects later that evening when I went to get some pussy, and my body once again said "BITCH IS YOU OUT YO MIND???" Oh but the worse was yet to come. B/c you see...I wasn't the only one who was washed. The following day ALL of us was feeling the consequences & repercussions of said game.

My WHOLE damn body felt like we got jumped...then ran over by a fuccin stampede. We're walkin around lookin like old azzz men, taking our time wit each step we took. We laughed, but definitely regretted it. That's when I knew my bball days was...

View attachment 90853

Hung up it. Haven't stepped foot on a court after that day.
Last I hooped I was cooking w my old man game dropped like 30 on nothing but midrange jumpers then pulled my groin muscle just running up asking for the ball ....niggas was rolling ...still can’t explain that one

The day I knew my balling days were over was one of the saddest days of my life.

Doctor said I should be fine, but he not the one out there risking it all.

Crazy thing bout getting injured while hooping is that niggas don’t give a fidduck if a bone is not broken they be like come on man let’s finish the game out....while u on the sideline looking like the dad from Smart Guy in White Men Can’t Jump

Man i got a charlie horse in my calf....

WhILE I WAS FUCKN ASLEEP!!! I woke up n didnt know wtf was happening shit felt like a stroke body bag!

I was walkn out my friends house n this stupid mother fucker had 2mats on top of each other n i sprained my ankle...

He was fixn my car n my shit started to swell up n i had to limp around...to this day my ankle still cracks when i move it around

I was playing ball during lunch at a court outside of the job. My Achilles had been sore the prior 2 times I played but I refused to accept I was washed and thought it would get better the more I played.

Nope!

I tried to make a cut to the rim and heard a loud ass POP!

Sounded like a gunshot in the distance, but nah, it was my Achilles rupturing.

Didn't even know it happened so I took the next step on my still good right foot. When the left came back around I crumbled. Looked something like

View attachment 90846

Sat on the curb like I'm good, y'all go ahead and finish the game, still not accepting my fate.

When it was time to walk back in I had to give it up. Could barely move. Co-workers had to pull my car around and I drove to the Orthopedist.

Ended up getting casted and rolling on one of these for a few weeks:

View attachment 90847

You never feel as washed as you do when you riding one of these, smh.

And my Achilles still hurts every time I run and it's been 3 years now. Needless to say I hadn't played ball since either.
Lmao playing ball during any type of lunch break is never a good idea

Lol I'm 30 so I'm not washed yet but I definitely feel the difference in my body.

But I be telling my Mexican co worker he need to stop playing soccer but he dont listen.

This fool came into work last month on crutches. This guy tore his acl just planting his leg to kick the soccer ball. #washed

Crazy thing bout getting injured while hooping is that niggas don’t give a fidduck if a bone is not broken they be like come on man let’s finish the game out....while u on the sideline looking like the dad from Smart Guy in White Men Can’t Jump
Yooo when I fractured my knee and I'm limping on the court this white boy clearly see me in pain but then kept passing me the ball expecting me to cut to the basket

Did the shit like 3x

I'm like "fam..I obviously can't run"

giphy.gif

Thank the Lord I aint had my moment yet

Im 33 and still running with the youngins

I also take the highest of precautions....

Ankle braces, at least a 15 min dynamic warmup followed by 10 min of stretching...

Hasnt failed me yet....

giphy.gif

Thank the Lord I aint had my moment yet

Im 33 and still running with the youngins

I also take the highest of precautions....

Ankle braces, at least a 15 min dynamic warmup followed by 10 min of stretching...

Hasnt failed me yet....

This my routine before hooping g

Sit in the sauna for 10 minutes then stretch for another 10minutes. After I'm done hooping get in the sauna for a other 10min.

Go home spray some icey hot on

This my routine before hooping g

Sit in the sauna for 10 minutes then stretch for another 10minutes. After I'm done hooping get in the sauna for a other 10min.

Go home spray some icey hot on
man, i've been avoiding icey hot like the plague, but i might need to add this to my recovery regime

the recovery time getting longer and longer

I used to bounce back after refereeing within at least a day

kid asked me the other night "whats wrong ref, you look like you tired"

I told him "lol, ya'll get a sub when ya'll tired, i dont"

It's straight Epsom salt, even had my girl checking out some of the different kinds,, "oh look they have the liquid kind that foams for you that helps with soreness" yea get that for me.

Last year, doing a football game, fucking kids (DE and Tackle) locked together blocking and tussling one another, heading my way, I'm like "oh shit" I try to run and move out the way, couldn't, they tumble my way, I leap over them fuckers, they were then on the ground, still engaged. I come down, land, felt something pop, like a nigga shot me in the back of my leg, I still keep running trying stay with the ball-carrier, foot steady sinking. I'm like wtf is going on, is the ground getting lower lol, then I just drop to one knee. The play ends, (noone checks on me) fucking team is in a no huddle offense, QB calling out cadence and shit about the gone with the next play and my ass is still down on the ground, in pain, dayum near in tears, hat off, finally some help comes. I stay on the ground trying to grasp what the fuck is going on.

Fucking trainers come out to my aid and lift me up, I wrap my arms around their necks as they ushered me under the tent, how bout the dayum P.A. announcer says, "Give it up for the referee, hope he's alright, didn't look good, tough guy, home crowd gave me a few pity claps, (I had just called a holding call on their team the play before so I get it) I never felt so washed and grand-pa-ish, and sad.

Not a day go by that I"m not basking in Epsom salt (the liquid foam kind), Man invest into that shit, helps with the soreness and preserves your youth Lol

when u start skipping that second plate thinking "nah, i got shit to do"

tenor.gif

when you be in the closet taking advil and cbd gummies before family functions

when u mad af u cant reach the light/ceiling fan remote

f85f60f06d9ea9e01bb0711ed19753cf.gif

#WARSHED

Man I gotta start wearing them underarmor padded joints man

For basketball and flag football

These young niggas be rough out chea

Almost open hand slapped this kid during a flag game...i was rushing this game and this mother fucker kept kneeing me in my thight to slow me down...first time he did it I let it slide...i thought it was an accident...then he did it like 3 more times...I had to tell him “lil nigga cool out....dont make me embarrass you in front your homies man”

Lol

Man I gotta start wearing them underarmor padded joints man

For basketball and flag football

These young niggas be rough out chea

Almost open hand slapped this kid during a flag game...i was rushing this game and this mother fucker kept kneeing me in my thight to slow me down...first time he did it I let it slide...i thought it was an accident...then he did it like 3 more times...I had to tell him “lil nigga cool out....dont make me embarrass you in front your homies man”

Lol

In flag, do they still make niggas block with their hands behind their backs Lol Shit was the worst rule ever

In flag, do they still make niggas block with their hands behind their backs Lol Shit was the worst rule ever

Yep...you can still throw shoulders tho...it really depends on the refs...some let you be a lil more physical than others

Ive been in games where dbs was playing man press, jamming and everything...and other games where if you breathe on a nigga wrong they throwing the flag

Most if the time it depends on the teams...

Back