Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Was MLK A Coon?

What prompted you to make this thread?

Was it something you heard about MLK Jr. that sparked your curiosity?

Do you have a theory behind why some might think he is a coon?
Saw some coon accusations recently

saw one earlier today (guess it came up again from it being MLK day)

Just wanted to know if they had some merit

I just noticed he surround by a snowbunny and chicken fried rice

Cold blooded

I just noticed he surround by a snowbunny and chicken fried rice

Cold blooded

Looks like he was in Hawaii. That's what you're going to see.

MLK is like the one person that everybody (who isn't a complete racist piece of shit) regardless of race agrees was a great man, and it's being asked if he was a coon on a black site.

I thought the question was innocent. Bad timing tho.
Thanks for understanding Kandy

MLK on the brain so I said why not ask my fellow posters what they thought

They act like it’s blasphemy to ask especially when it’s known he been with white women

Idk..

When I was like 15 fresh off Blood in My Eye and Autobio of Malcolm X, I said the same thing at a lunch table and an older security guard pulled up on me with a printout of the Letter from Birmingham Jail later that day.

10 years before Soledad Brother.

This was 1963, when the church was the single most powerful institution in America and he called them out, lashing at their conscience, telling the power brokers of the time (Replace it today with Viacom, Goldman Sachs, Nike - the big boys) that the anger they see on the street is because of the blind, racist eye they turned to the masses for centuries and that he aint stopping shit. Niggas think Kanye is a Black hero because he professed his love for Hitler, but nobody was so angered by his Nazi dicksucking that they shot him in the jaw.

Imagine any nigga figure you like today seeing a Target on fire after police shoot a nigga in the back and his response is basically The Hate U Gave 😂

What we see as progressive coonery today is more in line with MLK’s doctrine of non-violence & equality because the cracka saw how powerful that was and hijacked it, diluted it and replaced our intelligentsia with battyman and petite bourgeoisie, it’s not reflective of how madly revolutionary and anti-coon Dr. King’s Poor People movement was.

Back