Was Budden Disloyal To Em?

Was Budden Disloyal By Being Critical of Em's Album?

• Total voters
This shit 26mins long?

LOL!?!?!

And Joe askin his own Yes men if he himself is being a good yes man or not?!?!?!?!????

Im not listening to 26mins of talk about a weak album.

Any vid longer than 5min should have cliff notes or a time stamp

All the caping theses niggas do for em, but no one came to Lauren hills defense when em said that bull about her

Reactions: 5th Letter
Did he tell Em he wasnt feeling the music to his face though??? I guessing he would of had the opportunity... If he told Em it was dope to his face knowing all along it was wack then thats disloyal imo, but telling it like it is I dont have a problem with it, as I dont see SH being that close (aside from royce) to Em...

For instance I dont see SH as being Em's crew or anything, normally I would expect a crew to ride or die (like 50 and G Unit for example) and if they dont like something just keep quite, but Joe told it like it is, but like I said, I dont see SH being Em's crew, day ones or confidant etc

Reactions: Like_Water
Yes men are the reason that album trash, people scared to tell em when Shits wack. And Em did nothing for budden career slaughter house would've signed anywhere if the deal was right

I disagree.Signing me to Interscope is doing something for me.

And Joe said he's still signed to Em

I don't disagree with his opinion,but he went a little over board for somebody you're affiliated with.

I rock with Budden,but I knew it was gonna be trouble when he started going in on Em.

He already had said he was biased and would never speak down on Em,but the pressure got to him and then he went a little too far the other way IMO.

Reactions: HarryHippie
All the caping theses niggas do for em, but no one came to Lauren hills defense when em said that bull about her

what did he say about Lauryn you mean that bar about buying her album so her kids could starve?

You do know that Lauryn had said she'd rather her kids starve than whites buy it right?

One more thing.

While Joe is not wrong for saying what he said, he keeps putting himself in this position of ridicule by not clearly defining who he is.

He thinks he can play this game of Twister. Left foot on journalist, right hand on rapper, right foot on retired, left hand on culture commentator, left elbow on "still signed to Interscope", right knee on industry outsider, left ear on industry insider.

Can't keep acting surprised at rappers treating you like a rapper when you talk about rap like a rapper from the seat of a commentator. That's not to say he can't diversify himself, but the limbo shit is his own doing.

Last edited:
I never knew she said that, damn

Because she didn't.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-miselucidation-of-lauryn-hill/

Letā€™s put this one to rest: If Lauryn Hill or any other member of the Fugees had said anything like that on MTV or anywhere else, the tape of those remarks would have hounded them ever after. That no one could produce such a tape ā€” or even agree on what was said, and by whom ā€” should have driven a stake through this rumorā€™s heart.

MTV would later announce the allegation against Hill wasnā€™t true, but by then it was too late; the rumor was already in motion. In the wake of this controversy Hill did call in to The Howard Stern Show on 21 May 1996 to rebut the comment, and on numerous other occasions she denied saying anything remotely resembling the statement credited to her. During an MTV taping in 1998, for example, she maintained:

"You know, everybody has to be really careful, you know, what they ā€¦ what they read and hear, because you never know whatā€™s true. You know, a couple of years ago some kid had heard that Iā€™d said that I didnā€™t want white people to buy my records, and that really, really hurt me a great deal because I like to think my music is really universal, you know, and Iā€™ve been everywhere and I have fans everywhere, but because of some rumor that, you know, some radio personality chose to, you know, to say on his radio show, he had a bunch of people believing something that theyā€™d never seen or never heard themselves but just heard a rumor."

Reactions: Soul_Rattler
Did he tell Em he wasnt feeling the music to his face though??? I guessing he would of had the opportunity... If he told Em it was dope to his face knowing all along it was wack then thats disloyal imo, but telling it like it is I dont have a problem with it, as I dont see SH being that close (aside from royce) to Em...

For instance I dont see SH as being Em's crew or anything, normally I would expect a crew to ride or die (like 50 and G Unit for example) and if they dont like something just keep quite, but Joe told it like it is, but like I said, I dont see SH being Em's crew, day ones or confidant etc
He didn't hear the album to tell Em to his face.

Even if the rumor wasn't true at the time ppl thought it was so it was a bar about a statement that may have been a rumor.

he didn't make that shit up.
There is no "if".

Lauryn Hill never said it and Eminem could have easily found out whether or not it was true but because he's white, he gets every excuse under the sun: he didn't start the rumor, he was high on drugs, he was just joking with shock lyrics, he didn't know better, etc.

I'm waiting for Hip Hop to hold Eminem accountable for just ONE fucking thing in his entire creer.

Reactions: Like_Water
There is no "if".

Lauryn Hill never said it and Eminem could have easily found out whether or not it was true but because he's white, he gets every excuse under the sun: he didn't start the rumor, he was high on drugs, he was just joking with shock lyrics, he didn't know better, etc.

I'm waiting for Hip Hop to hold Eminem accountable for just ONE fucking thing in his entire creer.

I heard that shit back then too and thought she said it.

IDK why you think he really had anymore knowledge than anybody else just because he was in the industry.Yeah sometimes,but he way in LA and Detroit.

I just don't see the big deal with the line.Okay so he referenced a rumor that he may or may not know was true,and?

Did that line hurt anybody?

Em has been held accountable.Em really did have gay rights groups on him and then the Source situation.

I heard that shit back then too and thought she said it.

IDK why you think he really had anymore knowledge than anybody else just because he was in the industry.Yeah sometimes,but he way in LA and Detroit.

I just don't see the big deal with the line.Okay so he referenced a rumor that he may or may not know was true,and?

Did that line hurt anybody?

Em has been held accountable.Em really did have gay rights groups on him and then the Source situation.
Don't make me up that IC thread where all of Em's shit was put on full blast.

It wasn't just a line. He said it in this interview.

He said her name was a dirty word based on something he could not prove. Same guy who made sure to diss every non-rap pop act he could find.

I disagree.Signing me to Interscope is doing something for me.

And Joe said he's still signed to Em

I don't disagree with his opinion,but he went a little over board for somebody you're affiliated with.

I rock with Budden,but I knew it was gonna be trouble when he started going in on Em.

He already had said he was biased and would never speak down on Em,but the pressure got to him and then he went a little too far the other way IMO.

1st off whatup homie it's been a min. But S.H would've went to the highest bidder. That shady deal didn't help budden imo he still doing trash numbers sale wise. He still shunned by industry peers. And from the little they say Em had a hand in that trash 2nd lp. And from what he's saying there's other disgruntled group members but they won't speak up.

There is no "if".

Yeah cuz rappers are known for their thorough research w/ 2-3 sources to back up a claim they say in their rhymes.

cam-ron.gif