Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video Shows Homophobic Attack on a Middle school student attacked by older kids

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva

A video showing a violent attack against a middle school student led to an investigation from the Broward County public school district in Florida.

Last Friday, 13-year-old Chad Sanford was physically assaulted by an older student while walking in the school hallway. The video shows the assailant approaching Sanford from behind and slamming her on the floor. A crowd of students circled around, watching and filming as Sanford was kicked in her head while she was down.

"It's been a living hell," Sanford said in an interview. "He just stepped on my face, they were kicking and spitting on me and all that was a little clip of the video. They were screaming. They were saying, 'We got that gay f*****.'"

Although Sanford identifies as a transgender girl, the sixth-grader claims the ongoing bullying is a result of her sexual orientation. Sanford added that her bully had been targeting her regularly before the bullying turned violent.

"One day he embarrassed me in front of everybody," Sanford said. "He stood on top of the stage and said to me, 'I'm going to knock the gay out of him.'"

Sanford's aunt, Raquel Showers, claimed the attack has caused the middle schooler to experience headaches. She also expressed concern for the effect the bullying has had on Sanford's mental state.

"He wanted to kill himself because they keep bullying him," Showers stated. "So, hearing that, it just makes me cry."

Sanford also spoke on her struggles as a transgender female and the effect it's had on her.

"I feel like I can't go to school without being hated by my sexual orientation," she said. "I don't think I can live anymore without this being a problem in society...it just makes me feel some type of way."

The school district has not announced the punishment that the students will face but said it's investigating the incident along with the police.

"The school's leadership is taking this incident seriously and is working with law enforcement in its investigation," the school district said in a statement. "Any students involved will face appropriate school disciplinary consequences in accordance with the codebook for student conduct."

that poor kid.

we used to bully this girl on the school bus when I was around that age. not physically but we used to ostracize the living shit out of her every day. Even though it was mad long ago and we were all young it's still one of my biggest regrets. I wish I could go back and kick my own ass for going along with that shit.

that poor kid.

we used to bully this girl on the school bus when I was around that age. not physically but we used to ostracize the living shit out of her every day. Even though it was mad long ago and we were all young it's still one of my biggest regrets. I wish I could go back and kick my own ass for going along with that shit.

I definitely feel you on that we don’t realize how mean we are till we get older but the damage is done

Like everybody by now usually has a Facebook not always on it but active but I think some of folks who got bullied real bad don’t even want social media

One thing I can say about my high school is that shit like this was a no go. Like bullying the weird or gay nigga just cuz he weird or gay, to the point beating him up and spitting on him and shit. You was looked at like a real cornball at my school if you was doing that.

You fuck around and get beat up yourself tryna bully a nigga like that.

Last edited:
There were reports by other students that he was provoking and insulting students for no reason for weeks prior to this incident, many students have been calling him a liar.

In my school, the gay dancer kid was a dickhead. He used to hang around with the girls and tell them all our shit. If you tried to do anything to him tho' the girls in the year would hit you like "oh tough guy yeah pickin' on Kamal"

We didn't have bullies like I see on them American TV shows but then maybe we did and I just didn't notice. There definitely wasn't a bully culture tho'

Last edited:
Hate seeing anybody get bullied.

Promoting all this LGBTQ bullshit is partly responsible for it though.

Mainly in the sense that, they make it seem like it's normal and people are more tolerant of it than they really are.

A lot of naive kids buy into this, and end up getting the worst of it when they realize everything's not as good as they were led to believe.

Which leads to a lot of these kids killing themselves too.

Sad all the way around.

Mainly in the sense that, they make it seem like it's normal and people are more tolerant of it than they really are.

A lot of naive kids buy into this, and end up getting the worst of it when they realize everything's not as good as they were led to believe.

Sad all the way around.

I don’t think any of these kids feel the people around them are more tolerant they still gotta hear that shit daily the law protects them from overt shit but not the micro aggressions and shit

One thing I can say about my high school is that shit like this was a no go. Like bullying the weird or gay nigga just cuz he weird or gay, to the point beating him up and spitting on him and shit. You was looked at like a real cornball at my school if you was doing that.

Had a pretty similar experience. My school was one of those where, even tho ppl had their cliques, everybody intermingled. The jocks was kickin it with the nerds, the goths was kickin it with the preps, the hippy stoners was kickin it the bangers....if anyone got stole on it was cuz there was real beef. Or as real as it could get for teenagers lol. Worst that could happen was isolation and ppl left you alone. But beating ppl up for just existing, nah.

Same

it was ok to fuck with people but that bullying hands on shit wasn’t cool

We had a transgender in highschool...I think the only issue was the locker room after gym .... But niggaz never showered at school anyway...

I don't think that was a thing at black schools.... Them showers be nasty

Sad all the way around.
:huh2:

Back