Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Video of Chicago Mass Shooting ,1 month old shot in the head

are we gonna blow up the redneck towns and other places with violence and poverty or just where black ppl live?

And who makes the decision on what places to blow up?

Are they black,white,Latino,Asian?

I'll answer that.It would be the same white ppl who been displacing us and killing us.

Yeah you don't see how this could go wrong.....

This idea is flat out dumb and insidious.
I’m trying to stop the violence man

Compton is a suburb

I legit was gonna list Compton as an example on an edit then saw this post. There's nice suburbs and fucked up suburbs just like there's nice parts of major cities and fucked up parts of any major city. The only real difference is in suburbs you likely deal with more police because you often have county and city/township police so in some instances you're getting policed more.

The shit happens in PG County all the time. The damn County police openly beef with and conflict with neighborhood police all the time. To the point of it affecting how they respond to calls they get.

We can compare suburbs to the “main city” and still its generally safer.

let’s not act like they ain’t
I haven't checked,but you're probably right overall.

But some of the worst places like Stockton and Trenton aren't the inner city and got high crime rates too.

So how did this start were there resources there in the beginning?

Nope, lack of resources is definitely to blame for how some of these community started their slides.

However, at point you made your comment we were discussing the troubling evolution that crime in some of these places has made. If these kids are killing each out of blood feuds. It's unlikely that resourcing will solve the problem.

Chicago is a good example. We've seen cats bring in a lot of money by starting rap careers, and they still didn't leave the madness behind. In some cases, they used some of the money they made to invest in the violence.

Anyways.

Chicago culture is wild compared to a lot of places. Its beyond they fighting over turf to hustle. Shit is deeper.

from what I read and heard Chicago dudes talk about.

Nope, lack of resources is definitely to blame for how some of these community started their slides.

However, at point you made your comment we were discussing the troubling evolution that crime in some of these places has made. If these kids are killing each out of blood feuds. It's unlikely that resourcing will solve the problem.

Chicago is a good example. We've seen cats bring in a lot of money by starting rap careers, and they still didn't leave the madness behind. In some cases, they used some of the money they made to invest in the violence.
More resources less reasons to want to go commit blue collar crime. There’s a reason why when places get gentrified crime decreases. Those gentrified areas have resources that weren’t there before.

More resources less reasons to want to go commit blue collar crime. There’s a reason why when places get gentrified crime decreases. Those gentrified areas have resources that weren’t there before.

lol What? The crime doesn't disappear. It just relocates with the people that get pushed out because of gentrification. It ain't like some white yuppies move on the block, bring some extra tax money, and the niggas that were killing each for years just stop.

Look, I agree with you that a lot of crime stems from lack of resources. I'm just saying that sometimes problems grow to the point where measures that might have been the solution a decade ago might not longer fit the bill now. If people are just killing each other in turf wars over their grind to make money, then resources might help. If people are killing each other in an unbroken cycle of vengeance, you can't just throw money at that.

lol What? The crime doesn't disappear. It just relocates with the people that get pushed out because of gentrification. It ain't like some white yuppies move on the block, bring some extra tax money, and the niggas that were killing each for years just stop.

Look, I agree with you that a lot of crime stems from lack of resources. I'm just saying that sometimes problems grow to the point where measures that might have been the solution a decade ago might not longer fit the bill now. If people are just killing each other in turf wars over their grind to make money, then resources might help. If people are killing each other in an unbroken cycle of vengeance, you can't just throw money at that.
The crime moves to other communities with no resources. So if crime can stop once they put resources in the area aka gentrification then what are we arguing about again? How about give these kids and people real opportunities and they wouldn’t need to Rob steal or kill…

The crime moves to other communities with no resources. So if crime can stop once they put resources in the area aka gentrification then what are we arguing about again? How about give these kids and people real opportunities and they wouldn’t need to Rob steal or kill…

I don't think you understand how gentrification works. It doesn't stop the crime. It just moves the people committing the crime to another location. I'm going to assume that pushing poor black people out of their homes isn't what you're advocating for, but that's what happens in gentrification so that's probably not the best example.

Anyway, we're not arguing about whether or not poor black areas should be given more resources. We both agree the should. Our point of contention and the thing we were discussing when you made your initial comment was with regards to whether or not something like that would even eliminate the crimes that are now occurring.

I don't think you understand how gentrification works. It doesn't stop the crime. It just moves the people committing the crime to another location. I'm going to assume that pushing poor black people out of their homes isn't what you're advocating for, but that's what happens in gentrification so that's probably not the best example.

Anyway, we're not arguing about whether or not poor black areas should be given more resources. We both agree the should. Our point of contention and the thing we were discussing when you made your initial comment was with regards to whether or not something like that would even eliminate the crimes that are now occurring.
They put resources in those communities and raise the prices of rent etc which forces out a lot of black people. Keyword resources. The point is resources.

New Brunswick is an interesting case. They build it up and Rutgers has a huge imprint, but the hood is still there

Back