Welcome To aBlackWeb

Verzuz: Jeezy vs Gucci

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of yall can say you've went to the store & purchased an album from both artist?

I can

& quite frankly, it's one of the reasons most of yalls opinion holds no weight cuz it's heavily biased if you admittedly don't listen to one of em (that goes for any artist comparisons)

When TM 101 came out I had DJ equipment and I was trying to stay current. I had the Go Crazy (Remix) with Jay Z, and there was a song on the b-side, I think it was called Trap Star. I had the And Then What 12" with Trap or Die on the b-side, and I also had the My Hood 12", so while I didn't have the album I have a pretty good idea of what it sounds like.

However, I don't think I could name a song by Gucci Mane.

I say this to say I think there might be alot of people like me, people that scratch the surface of Trap, or Southern Hip Hop but don't dig deep enough to know all the mixtapes, album cuts, features and one hit wonders.

My opinion might not hold weight because I can't name a song by Gucci, but I can say Jeezy has a handful of tracks that popped up on my radar. Can't say the same for Gucci.

And.....and I'm only saying and......if you're going to murder a muthafucka. I can't murder someone to the bridge is over. Fuck around and get murked your damn self
I listen to music from everywhere
If u talking bout murder music tho, what better ish to ride too than styles p?

I mean a nigga put a hit on you I do t think it’s any real peace after that

It's happened before. That's part of war. If you got to war, both sides or going to take losses. That's unavoidable. At some point both sides have to decide when it's time to cut the losses and move on. I think that's where TI and Jeezy were coming from. I never heard Gucci saying anything about he wanted peace with them, but did say that he was past being actively hostile towards them and was now at a point where he just didn't care about them one way or another.

It's happened before. That's part of war. If you got to war, both sides or going to take losses. That's unavoidable. At some point both sides have to decide when it's time to cut the losses and move on. I think that's where TI and Jeezy were coming from. I never heard Gucci saying anything about he wanted peace with them, but did say that he was past being actively hostile towards them and was now at a point where he just didn't care about them one way or another.
I always thought it was a supposed bounty on his chain.

I know he said like 50k for his chain on stay strapped but from what I remember niggas took it serious and really went to get his chain so they could collect and thats how Pookie Loc got killed

I seen it briefly mentioned but its wild to me they buried Pookie behind a school

Imagine someone asks you what school you go to and you say "You know, the one where they buried Jeezy's homie?"

I always thought it was a supposed bounty on his chain.

I know he said like 50k for his chain on stay strapped but from what I remember niggas took it serious and really went to get his chain so they could collect and thats how Pookie Loc got killed

I always heard that too.

"Rest in peace to pookie loc
blame it on me never snitchin
lord knows i aint seen the homie on no dummy mission"

He was signed to Jeezys corporate thugs label but was a new artist with no buzz at the time. Probably thought snatching that chain would get him some recognition

That’s fine not to have active beef. But that’s not really burying the hatchet. I don’t think they trying to put hit in each other or anything like that. But I wouldn’t be under the same roof of somebody who tried to take my life.

Back