Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who's idea was it to fetishize Velma? Who looked at a cartoon nerd and thought that would be sexy. That's just the same as making Marcy from Charlie Brown a sex symbol. White people have a warped sense of sexuality. I'd hate to see what they'd do with peppermint patty. They'd fetishize patty and Selma from the Simpson if you give them the chance.
Nigga ain’t you been lusting after she hulk a cartoon this whole time?

To be honest I also get a bit irritated when I see animators choosing to make originally white characters black as well

Just make an ORIGINAL black character. We don’t gotta take Scooby Doo we can just make something else better with a similar theme

I agree with this sentiment usually. However, has been pointed out, the whole purpose of the show seems to be satire. Like they aren't just race swapping to race swap, they are doing it to make fun of shit.

I agree with this sentiment usually. However, has been pointed out, the whole purpose of the show seems to be satire. Like they aren't just race swapping to race swap, they are doing it to make fun of shit.

Im all fine with that, even tho I think they can only do so much before the joke has run is course.

Lol, just would rather see characters of color in their own original shit instead of hand me downs. There is nothing of value added by this.
I agree, and the Little Mermaid excuse is not the same that's a live action movie. Also they're making this Velma ghey, so she's a POC and ghey seems about right in this new generation lol

I don't really care either way. As long as the shit good...I don't gaf who they make what race....

Shit really don't be that important.

This is literally the only point I wanted to make.

Who knew niggas go hard in the paint for Mindy Kaling?

I understood what you were saying. I don't care either way and I am going to check this out but alot of times YES HOLLYWOOD does just switch ish up just to do it with no rhyme or reason. And put no effort into ish.

No they could of made new characters of different race just to put a spin on things..or add to Scooby-Doo

...but like I said I don't take it as a big deal either way and I'm gonna check it out.

Sometimes niggas just wanna argue just to argue.

To be honest I also get a bit irritated when I see animators choosing to make originally white characters black as well

Just make an ORIGINAL black character. We don’t gotta take Scooby Doo we can just make something else better with a similar theme

I think it’s like this man when y’all do that complaining it’s the same issues them white dudes complain about. So it’s viewed a certain way. I’m for original black characters and all that. But when folks complain about race changing and how a character is gay and a minority instead of the same white character from 1955 im confused.
This Velma is Indian anyway so this has nothing to do with a black character.

Depending on the WHEN the character was created.

For older characters...a lot of animators didn't haven't that freedom to implement diversity wit their characters, solely b/c of the times.

I remember Stan Lee saying a lot of the marvel characters he created...he wanted them to be of different races and etc. But the execs kept him from doing it. Which is why you're now seeing all these character changes.

As for this show...oh this just a middle finger to everyone fake outraging to everything.

Back