Welcome To aBlackWeb

Vanessa Williams recalls 'hurtful' backlash from the Black community after her historic Miss America win

I like how you tried to cherry pick and use the author's words instead of hers. Her words were:

And again show me where I, or anyone else, said the bold:

Comprehension....
You answered your own question in ya quotes

You can still walk back ya words. Just like I'm sure she gonna walk back hers if the story catches enough traction. Excuse me, clarify herself

Whether yall do or don't is meh to me. You know where I stand

You answered your own question in ya quotes

You can still walk back ya words. Just like I'm sure she gonna walk back hers if the story catches enough traction. Excuse me, clarify herself

Whether yall do or don't is meh to me. You know where I stand

Question? I didn't ask a question. There goes that comprehension again.

So you're going to ignore the fact that you tried to pass off the author's words as Vanessa's in your previous post? Expected.

What do I need to walk back? My post is there for everyone to read. Unlike most people with strong opinions in this thread, I'm old enough to recall that time frame.

You going to show where anyone said or even insinuated what you claimed now? Bold and underline it in the posts too.

Last edited:
Question? I didn't ask a question. There goes that comprehension again.

So you're going to ignore the fact that you tried to pass off the author's words as Vanessa's in your previous post? Expected.

What do I need to walk back? My post is there for everyone to read. Unlike most people with strong opinions in this thread, I'm old enough to recall that time frame.

You going to show where anyone said or even insuated what you claimed now? Bold and underline it in the posts too.
Author said said what Vanessa said. I see you the type that believes if it aint word for word copy it they don't mean the same thing. It be like that sometimes. I wont be quoting ya words again because this is where I jump off the loop

Again....if the story gains enough traction...she gonna be walking back her statements/clarifying her statements. Whether yall do or don't is meh to me

Don't know much about her but she's light bright and white passing. I'm sure she's heard some not so nice comments but that comes with the territory. People focus way too much on negativity though. Even if 9 out of 10 people say good things about you, what you do remember is that nasty comment.

Author said said what Vanessa said. I see you the type that believes if it aint word for word copy it they don't mean the same thing. It be like that sometimes. I wont be quoting ya words again because this is where I jump off the loop

Again....if the story gains enough traction...she gonna be walking back her statements/clarifying her statements. Whether yall do or don't is meh to me

The author gave their interpretation and then provided Vanessa's own words for the reader. Why'd you quote the author's words and label them as Vanessa's instead of quoting Vanessa's own words? That doesn't make sense unless a person is trying to misrepresent what was actually said.

Yeah, you'd do good to stop quoting me because you're only making yourself look more and more silly by the post.

Feel free to quote those posts saying what you claimed though. Still haven't seen you quote one yet.

Calling people idiots with middle school comprehension. The nerve.

Chi I don’t think anybody said light skin jokes are as bad as the dark skin jokes and comments. And y’all know I don’t take the light skin tears as serious but we talking 1993. And we also know black people do feel a little more hurt when we are critical with each other. I don’t think mister and Marc are saying what you think

Chi I don’t think anybody said light skin jokes are as bad as the dark skin jokes and comments. And y’all know I don’t take the light skin tears as serious but we talking 1993. And we also know black people do feel a little more hurt when we are critical with each other. I don’t think mister and Marc are saying what you think
Word?

Interesting take

well I mean wouldn’t you. If you gotta deal with a racial issue then you hear from your folks something negative you can feel like it’s much worse because we should have each other back. But this could be a situation where it was a focus on negative comments over the overwhelming support.
Word

Rbabaa725f15e83e7820894ac46e8546f

Nigga wtf u talkin bout? That's the best one

Your standards are so lowly...

:Pathetic:

On one hand, it is messed up if blacks were shitting on her accomplishment because she is light skinned (if that actually happened). On the other hand, if all they said was that she only got selected because she was light, they aren't completely wrong. It probably would have been more accurate to say that she was helped by her light complexion, but there is no question that a lighter skinned woman would have a leg up over a dark skinned woman in a beauty pageant ran by white people.

Also, lol @ her saying people should have been celebrating here intellect and other qualities. You won a beauty pageant. What does that accomplishment have to do with intellect? They didn't select her because she was smart.

Matter-of-factly, your both political, humanitarian and intellectual accomplishments or ambitions may play an extraneous part into whether one won a beauty pageant contest or not.

Do you remember that skinny bearded European transsexual who won Miss World? He wasn't any muxh attractive than any biologically-born female pageant in the flock - heck, he was not even attractive for any male culture's standard - yet what he stood for played a part...

Don't know much about her but she's light bright and white passing. I'm sure she's heard some not so nice comments but that comes with the territory. People focus way too much on negativity though. Even if 9 out of 10 people say good things about you, what you do remember is that nasty comment.

Yep.

"Black excellence, but I guess
When it comes to me it's not the same though, all goodie"

I remember being at cookouts and when she was with Rick Fox people were shittin on her for being light skin. I believe her. Sometimes black people are their own worst enemy.

"Judah And The Black Messiah" reminded us well... imagine a 60-something years old white passing zealous, sociopathic bureaucrat who spoilt millions of dollars in taxes to engage into a race war against some 21-years old kid by sending no-shit nigga type informants and cops to poison him and shoot him on his bed, just because he wanted to unite all disenfrichized Americans. How patriotic... ?

Back