Welcome To aBlackWeb

United States of Amazon: exposing horrible business practices & more

Maybe cuz I've just recently left the sports bar but i ain't know this many people disliked Race Jones. This thread hostile as a mawfucka lol

We can and should. It’s going to take a long time but it can be done.
Now a few may need to step out and work with them but that limits the groups deals with them.

everything big started with small movements.

What you're suggesting is that black people basically act as an independent group within the U.S. I'm not saying that's impossible, but it may be harder than you think. America is becoming less and less suitable for small businesses in general. I definitely think supporting black businesses is good and important. I just don't know how feasible creating something like Black Wallstreet would be in today's world let alone having a nationwide agenda for black people where we prioritize buying black. I think it's more likely that we can have a combination of growing black owned businesses and using our spending power to pressure nonblack businesses to be more supportive of black communities and interests. And by that, I don't mean having these other business putting BLM signs on their store. I mean, if they are going to operate in the community they have to be willing to contribute financially to the community in some way. It can't just be through taxes because a lot of those taxes get funneled away from the communities in which the business exist.

Maybe cuz I've just recently left the sports bar but i ain't know this many people disliked Race Jones. This thread hostile as a mawfucka lol

You got it backwards chief. More often than not, she's the one expressing hostility and dislike for people on here. People rarely just come out of the gate attacking her. Most attacks directed to her are in response to her posts.

What you're suggesting is that black people basically act as an independent group within the U.S. I'm not saying that's impossible, but it may be harder than you think. America is becoming less and less suitable for small businesses in general. I definitely think supporting black businesses is good and important. I just don't know how feasible creating something like Black Wallstreet would be in today's world let alone having a nationwide agenda for black people where we prioritize buying black. I think it's more likely that we can have a combination of growing black owned businesses and using our spending power to pressure nonblack businesses to be more supportive of black communities and interests. And by that, I don't mean having these other business putting BLM signs on their store. I mean, if they are going to operate in the community they have to be willing to contribute financially to the community in some way. It can't just be through taxes because a lot of those taxes get funneled away from the communities in which the business exist.
All great ideas and points.
I feel we can do a lot better than any lil Italy or Chinatown. I see what we can do solo and In groups. We may need to be uncomfortable for a bit but we can do it

You got it backwards chief. More often than not, she's the one expressing hostility and dislike for people on here. People rarely just come out of the gate attacking her. Most attacks directed to her are in response to her posts.

shut up musty

you get rolled on because youre a rape apologist and police brutality enthusiast

well this is dumb because what institutions are in place that are Black-owned and will serve our communities on a wide scale?

also if we are still operating in the framework of capitalism, buying Black is just circulating the white mans dollars in and out of Black hands
If that’s how y’all feel , then wtf are we talking bout here?

The thing is nothing is going to change until stock prices and compensations are affected

find a way to do so.....

Who are you to say what is meant to be someones career? And even if it isnt a lifetime career for someone... they should still be able to live off of doing the work whether it's entry level or not
Who am I? I ain’t nobody.

But I’m sure your teachers told you to graduate from school so you wouldn’t have to resort to jobs like this to survive. They don’t give scholarship recommendations for career line jobs at WalMart.

I’m sure the guidance counselors at school didn’t tell you to graduate at high as you can to work entry-level for fuckin Amazon. They didn’t tell you to take SATs for that shit either.

I’m almost positive your own parents pushed you to be the best in school so you wouldn’t be at the mercy of this line of work as your BEST option. They wouldn’t ground your ass if you failed classes because they WANTED you to struggle, like they know either they or their grandparents did working the same fuckin line jobs at different industries. (not saying your specific parents or grandparents worked there, just saying that in general.)

Don’t get mad at me cause what the perception of this job is. It doesn’t make you better than others to advocate for better positions. It just means you have higher standards and you’ve achieved past that level.

Stop bringing emotions into business.

Who am I? I ain’t nobody.

But I’m sure your teachers told you to graduate from school so you wouldn’t have to resort to jobs like this to survive. They don’t give scholarship recommendations for career line jobs at WalMart.

I’m sure the guidance counselors at school didn’t tell you to graduate at high as you can to work entry-level for fuckin Amazon. They didn’t tell you to take SATs for that shit either.

I’m almost positive your own parents pushed you to be the best in school so you wouldn’t be at the mercy of this line of work as your BEST option. They wouldn’t ground your ass if you failed classes because they WANTED you to struggle, like they know either they or their grandparents did working the same fuckin line jobs at different industries. (not saying your specific parents or grandparents worked there, just saying that in general.)

Don’t get mad at me cause what the perception of this job is. It doesn’t make you better than others to advocate for better positions. It just means you have higher standards and you’ve achieved past that level.

Stop bringing emotions into business.

lol fam you really misinterpreted what I said if you feel like i'm speaking from an emotional place about this conversation/debate we're having. It's not even an emotional argument that was made. People that make more money... SPEND more money.. which is good for business/the economy.

Me personally I never like the term/phrasing "skilled" and "unskilled" labour. It's all skilled labour IMO.. just a different set of skills.

Absolutely some folks should get paid more than others.. My only point is that at the lowest level.. entry level.. someone should still be able to live, save and have a bit of disposable income. No one should be living with the bare minimum check to check barely scraping by, even at the lowest job level.

lol fam you really misinterpreted what I said if you feel like i'm speaking from an emotional place about this conversation/debate we're having. It's not even an emotional argument that was made. People that make more money... SPEND more money.. which is good for business/the economy.

Me personally I never like the term/phrasing "skilled" and "unskilled" labour. It's all skilled labour IMO.. just a different set of skills.

Absolutely some folks should get paid more than others.. My only point is that at the lowest level.. entry level.. someone should still be able to live, save and have a bit of disposable income. No one should be living with the bare minimum check to check barely scraping by, even at the lowest job level.
All agreed
But not everyone can drive 100k cars or live in the “good” places.

it’s a level for everyone

All agreed
But not everyone can drive 100k cars or live in the “good” places.

it’s a level for everyone

True.

lol I dont think anyone said the entire country should be driving 100k cars n shit tho.. just that there should just be a living wage for those in those entry level jobs.

And maybe that's where the disagreements are coming in. Some peoples definitions of what a living wage may differ.

Back