Welcome To aBlackWeb

Under the Radar Shows You Watch(ed)

shutupGabi

Head Auntie of Dragonstone
Mod Squad
What shows you watch that weren't as popular but still good/great?

For me first and foremost it's The Americans. It finally got some Emmy love for its final season but that's def in my top 5 series of all time.

Halt and Catch Fire

p14304630_b_v8_aa.jpg

Basically these white people try to be the first to invent the best PC in the 80s during the tech boom. Haven't finished it yet (it's 4 seasons), but it's fire.

Salem

salem_wgn.jpg

It's about the city of Salem where they had the witch trials. The religious people are crazy af but so are the witches who he hiding in plain sight.
It had 3 seasons. First 2 were good, 3rd one was ok.

maxresdefault.jpg

the whole idea seemed lame at first but it ended up being cool....they revisited a lot of historic crimes and made little tweaks to save people but there was always the conflict of changing the "future" so it was always drama

complications_aspot_preprem_2490x1418_v2.jpg

This guys acting was a little over the top for the role but I liked this show.....of course it was cancelled and I think it was because it blended a serious hospital drama (chicago med) with some street shit (ny undercover, the wire, etc).....imo both sides turned the other side away....it wasnt a white show or a black show or for any particular age group and the masses like their little personal corners of one dimensional shit *shrugs*

graceland.png

Ok pretty much your typical cop drama but this shit was cool....still mad about it

it had some edge, the characters were young and sometimes clumsy which gave it a real feel.....no top cop, always right, always there on time shit

they had personal issues and relationships and shit going....oh and they all had to live in one house (graceland)

shit was dope to me......nobody ever knows what im talking about when i bring it up lol

Never seen any of the t/s shows

The Bridge
Tyrant
Resurrection
Motive ( they put it on direct tv and i never heard from it again)

I was checking for Tyrant but something else must have caught my attention

very short lived but it was mostly fulfilled 1 more season would not have hurt the twist straight punched you in the face.. there were a couple of characters i wanted dead desperately

I fucked with Tyrant. Woulda felt more real if the characters spoke arabic n had english subtitles. The premise was cool tho. FX cancelled it after 3 seasons n it basically ends w a cliffhanger smh. Solid watch tho. All the arab broads on there are bad af btw.

I fucked with Tyrant. Woulda felt more real if the characters spoke arabic n had english subtitles. The premise was cool tho. FX cancelled it after 3 seasons n it basically ends w a cliffhanger smh. Solid watch tho. All the arab broads on there are bad af btw.

Speaking of cliffhangers, Alphas ( Fuck SyFy)

TBS got some joints I like Last OG, People of Earth, and Guest Book

Baskets on FX

The first 3-4 seasons of Rescue Me was great imo.

This Is Us.......was bored one night and caught it on TV. That's a good as show thought the hype for it was some bull. I was wrong

Manifest........it's a new show and kind of been done before but I like that sci-fi drama appeal it has

The Mayans....... thought it was going to be some bull and was wondering who even asked for this series. But it's actually orettp damn good and the killings are brutal.

Speaking of cliffhangers, Alphas ( Fuck SyFy)

TBS got some joints I like Last OG, People of Earth, and Guest Book

Baskets on FX

The first 3-4 seasons of Rescue Me was great imo.

Last OG is meh
People of Earth was iight. Jus got cancelled tho.
Guest book is GOAT imo. New season starts tonight i think.
You fux w Search Party? Its wierd but cool imo.

Baskets is funny af

The Messengers

Dope spin on End Time biblical prophecy and the Apocalypse. It got cancelled. It was dope tho and i think it was because it came on Friday night.

Back