Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Tyler Perry is reportedly engaged in conversations to buy Paramount’s majority stake in BET, which would give him ownership of the brand

test
Soooo...we not happy about a black person possibly taking ownership of a network??

Shout out to TP WHENEVA it becomes official.

rszredo2.jpg

Real question because I don't know the answer to this. How many of the black people that Tyler puts on manage to escape his circle? I'm talking about black actors and actresses that come up through his works. Do we see any of them break out of that and go on to other things?
I don't know the answer to this...but does it matter if he keeps using them? I'm sure most of the actors in his circle are fine with the consistent work.

I don't know the answer to this...but does it matter if he keeps using them? I'm sure most of the actors in his circle are fine with the consistent work.

Maybe maybe not. It's never a good feeling to have to go to a job knowing that if you have problems with the boss, you don't have any alternatives. Like yo, if a nigga refuses to wear a dress when Tyler commands it, will he be blackballed?

I'm still sick Avatar stole Claudia from the Anne Rice universe.

I know that's unrelated... But I hope Tyler puts out some shows that propel folks like that. One season and they got you in a multi billion franchise

Nothing wrong with having standards for someone or an entity, even if the owner is black. Thats how you make sure black excellence really happens and continues to happen.

Dont wanna end up praising a fraud like how yall did with Robert Smith. Or have someone pretending to own a whole network, when he's just a part owner and the face of it while the other white owners stay in the shadows, like Diddy.

Last edited:
Naw, I’m tired of being happy for success just cuz they the same color as me. Been bit in the ass too many times rooting for niggas just for them to be frauds. I’d like to see BET get back to being the gold standard of black entertainment but it’s gonna take time & some innovation for that to happen.

Last edited:
Maybe maybe not. It's never a good feeling to have to go to a job knowing that if you have problems with the boss, you don't have any alternatives. Like yo, if a nigga refuses to wear a dress when Tyler commands it, will he be blackballed?
These seems like a outdated take. Admittedly I haven't seen everything perry has produced, but has he ever had other men wear dresses in any of his movies/shows, besides himself?

These seems like a outdated take. Admittedly I haven't seen everything perry has produced, but has he ever had other men wear dresses in any of his movies/shows, besides himself?

It was just an example. It doesn't have to be wearing a dress. Being beholden to any one person for your success and survival isn't the best situation, especially if that person is known to be eccentric as is rumored to be the case for Tyler.

Soooo...we not happy about a black person possibly taking ownership of a network??

Shout out to TP WHENEVA it becomes official.

View attachment 1105689

He makes anti black movies that target and shit on black men and he’s also a capitalist y’all gotta grow out of that mindset it’s no difference when it’s a black face doing shit that a white face normally do this don’t do shit for black ppl

It was just an example. It doesn't have to be wearing a dress. Being beholden to any one person for your success and survival isn't the best situation, especially if that person is known to be eccentric as is rumored to be the case for Tyler.
Idk bro, it seems stability isn't valued anymore. Perry has employed a lot of the same actor's for what seems to be 15+ years. Call it beholden or whatever you want, but a lot of the actors he uses wouldn't really have consistent work if it wasn't for him.

Idk bro, it seems stability isn't valued anymore. Perry has employed a lot of the same actor's for what seems to be 15+ years. Call it beholden or whatever you want, but a lot of the actors he uses wouldn't really have consistent work if it wasn't for him.

You probably right. I can only speak for myself. I'm cool with my job now, but I wouldn't want it being my only option for now and forever.

lol at y’all nogggas acting like it ain’t hard as shit out there for black thespians

Didn’t Taraji tell y’all that after 2 decades in the industry Tyler Perry was the first person to pay her respectably

He definitely has an type of audience 😂
Mostly feminist and sissy ass cucks.

First time I heard of Tyler Perry was when I use to go them bus rides to the outlets like Franklin Mills in Reading Pennsylvania and shit. During the bus rides from Nostrand & Eastern Parkway to Reading they would play nothing but Tyler Perry plays and movies.

It was torture for me yo. Torture!!!!!

Mannnn

I don't give a fuck about that boule ass nigga
Tyler Perry yo

lol at y’all nogggas acting like it ain’t hard as shit out there for black thespians

Didn’t Taraji tell y’all that after 2 decades in the industry Tyler Perry was the first person to pay her respectably
Thats cool but at the same time, she still is relatively a big name in the industry and a bad example.

I wanna hear from the people who dont really have a name in the industry and are behind the scenes.

For me personally, him being strongly anti-union whilst hoarding money to build his GA chateau is telling, but w/e, i know where this convo is gunna go.

Back