Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Tis the season...Flu Shots

You getting immunized?

• Hell Yea!!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Hell No!!

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters
I used to never get it, but then I got hit with the swine flu one year and that shit was no joke. I got one every year after that. Havent gotten one this year, but I have an appointment today and might have them give it to me while there. It's weird, if I get one, I usually have cold like symptoms shortly after, but they're nothing crazy. Only got the flu once in my adult life tho.

Uh, no. If it gets you sick, then what's the point of getting the shot?

im·mu·ni·za·tion
ˌimyənəˈzāSHən,ˌimyənīˈzāSHən/
noun
noun: immunization; plural noun: immunizations; noun: immunisation; plural noun: immunisations
  1. the action of making a person or animal immune to infection, typically by inoculation.

If the shot CAUSES you to get sick, then by it's very definition it has failed because it's purpose is to prevent you from getting sick.

When you get a tetanus shot you don't get tetanus (aka Lockjaw).
When you get a rabies shot you don't get rabies.
none of these vaccinations really causes you to get the very issue it's supposed to be protecting you from; only the flu shot does which means it's ineffective at it's job.

A side effect of the shot is getting the flu or fever within the first 2 weeks. But whatever. I'm sick, got the day off and I ain't going back n forth with you niggaaaaaa.

just looking at the data, the number of people that die from the flu averages about 24K a year. That's a bit less than .008% of the US population.

Honestly, the flu will get you sick and all, but you're more likely to die in a car accident than from the flu.

Reactions: B_A
Never have gotten a flu shot and I never will. I’m not letting the government Tuskegee me.

You haven't lived until you've both types of flu at the same damn time.

I think I had a mild case last year that kept me home for the day. But caught that from folks in my department. Other than that...I just get colds

My wife got one once. She got sick as fuck from it. That's all I ever needed to see. Influenza is such a minor issue and the shots are so bad at protecting you I genuinely don't get why people even bother with it at all.
Because they threaten illness of a stronger strain of influenza (this year)

1...I don’t get sick like that
2...I’m allergic to eggs so I can’t get one
3...Even if I wasn’t I still wouldn’t get one...people thinking it’s either a joke or “above” our government to put some shit in your body?! Maaaaan fuck that

I used to never get it, but then I got hit with the swine flu one year and that shit was no joke. I got one every year after that. Havent gotten one this year, but I have an appointment today and might have them give it to me while there. It's weird, if I get one, I usually have cold like symptoms shortly after, but they're nothing crazy. Only got the flu once in my adult life tho.

Yeah I caught h1n1. That was some bullshit.

Uh, no. If it gets you sick, then what's the point of getting the shot?

im·mu·ni·za·tion
ˌimyənəˈzāSHən,ˌimyənīˈzāSHən/
noun
noun: immunization; plural noun: immunizations; noun: immunisation; plural noun: immunisations
  1. the action of making a person or animal immune to infection, typically by inoculation.

If the shot CAUSES you to get sick, then by it's very definition it has failed because it's purpose is to prevent you from getting sick.

When you get a tetanus shot you don't get tetanus (aka Lockjaw).
When you get a rabies shot you don't get rabies.
none of these vaccinations really causes you to get the very issue it's supposed to be protecting you from; only the flu shot does which means it's ineffective at it's job.
Fam, you know them shots is just the virus in a very weakened state, that allows your body to produce the antibiotis to fight it in it's natural state. Some people still get sick cause they have A weak immune system.

That being said, that's what it's supposed to be. I don't trust carnival rides so I damn sure ain't trust the people that mass develop a "weakened" virus.

Fam, you know them shots is just the virus in a very weakened state, that allows your body to produce the antibiotis to fight it in it's natural state. Some people still get sick cause they have A weak immune system.

That being said, that's what it's supposed to be. I don't trust carnival rides so I damn sure ain't trust the people that mass develop a "weakened" virus.

At best you get back to work a half day sooner than if you hadn't taken the shot. Plus, out of the last 14 years that it's been available it's only been more than 50% effective 4 of those years with only 1 year being 60% effective.

Basically, you're still got as much of a chance to get sick with it than without it, making it pointless especially if all you can expect is 12 hours faster recovery time.

Think about that for a moment: It doesn't actually prevent the flu, it just speeds up your recovery time from it by half a day.

A side effect of the shot is getting the flu or fever within the first 2 weeks. But whatever. I'm sick, got the day off and I ain't going back n forth with you niggaaaaaa.

You’re a nurse, right? You know your shit. My wife is an LVN, she knows the same shit. She gets her shots, she makes sure we all do.

Never get them. My 6 month old got em she been sick since this past weekend n i got sick next. First time being sick literally in years.

Back