Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tiffany Hadish On Mo'nique

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
Actress and comedian Tiffany Haddish, who rose to prominence with last year's "Girls Trip," has quite a different view of Netflix than fellow comedian Mo'Nique.

In an interview with GQ, Haddish shared her thoughts on Mo'Nique's call to boycott Netflix over what Mo'Nique characterized as unequal pay compared to white and male comedians.

Haddish said "if you don't like what they're offering you, just no longer do business with them" about Netflix, and pointed to the amount of diverse shows on the streaming platform. Haddish gave the example of "The Carmichael Show," on which she was a series regular.

"What about all the black shows that are on there?" Haddish asked. "What about all the other actors that are working on there? All the Indians, the Hispanics, the Asians. My show, 'The Carmichael Show,' airs on there right now. It ain't on NBC."

NBC canceled the comedy after three seasons last year, but the first two seasons are currently available to stream on Netflix.

In January, Mo'Nique said she would boycott Netflix over "gender bias and color bias" in regards to payment. Netflix reportedly offered Mo'Nique $500,000 for a stand-up special compared to other comedians who have reportedly been paid millions, such as Amy Schumer ($13 million) and Chris Rock ($40 million for two specials).

Hadish full quote

"My business run different than her business. I don't live her life. I don't have that husband of hers. I'm looking at how [Netflix has] opened up so many opportunities for black females and comedy. When my people are dying, that's when you gonna catch me protesting. I'm not gonna protest because somebody got offered not the amount of money they wanted to get offered. If you don't like what they're offering you, just no longer do business with them. If I protest Netflix—what about all the black shows that are on there? What about all the other actors that are working on there? All the Indians, the Hispanics, the Asians. My show, The Carmichael Show, airs on there right now. It ain't on NBC."

"My business run different than her business. I don't live her life. I don't have that husband of hers. I'm looking at how [Netflix has] opened up so many opportunities for black females and comedy. When my people are dying, that's when you gonna catch me protesting. I'm not gonna protest because somebody got offered not the amount of money they wanted to get offered. If you don't like what they're offering you, just no longer do business with them. If I protest Netflix—what about all the black shows that are on there? What about all the other actors that are working on there? All the Indians, the Hispanics, the Asians. My show, The Carmichael Show, airs on there right now. It ain't on NBC."

I love her sexy ass even more for this.

I don't agree with her.

You turn a blind-eye on how another black person is treated, but you're ok because they haven't treated you in such a manner because you see a dollar bill dangled in front of you. Smh.

Scared negro talk, especially when including other groups of ppl who don't give one shit about black ppl.

Just say "no comment" or something, no need to make a comment towards another black person, Mo even showed you love smh.

Every question doesn't need an answer

I don't agree with her.

You turn a blind-eye on how another black person is treated, but you're ok because they haven't treated you in such a manner because you see a dollar bill dangled in front of you. Smh.

Scared negro talk, especially when including other groups of ppl who don't give one shit about black ppl.

Just say "no comment" or something, no need to make a comment towards another black person, Mo even showed you love smh.

Every question doesn't need an answer

They treated her like a person who hasn't done a stand-up special in 12 years, and in those 12 years is more famous for her acting than stand-up.

They treated her like a person who hasn't done a stand-up special in 12 years, and in those 12 years is more famous for her acting than stand-up.

They treated her like the treat most black female comics imo.

They did the same thing to Wanda

How many classic or funny stand-ups does Tiff have? The one she did on Showtime wasn't funny to me.

They treated her like the treat most black female comics imo.

What other black female comics, w/ any name recongition, got shitted on by Netflix?

They did the same thing to Wanda

How many classic or funny stand-ups does Tiff have? The one she did on Showtime wasn't funny to me.

What classic stand-ups Wanda Sykes got? She in the same boat as Monique, more famous for her acting work than her stand-up.

What other black female comics, w/ any name recongition, got shitted on by Netflix?

What classic stand-ups Wanda Sykes got? She in the same boat as Monique, more famous for her acting work than her stand-up.

All I'm stating, you don't put down another black person like that when that black person has gave up props to you

Then you include other races, that don't fuck with black ppl as a whole to try and strengthen your point.

A black person having an issue about something, you don't be on some "oh you need to suck it up or go elsewhere because they treating me right and these other groups of ppl that don't fuck wit us"

Nah, that's Sambo type stuff to me

All I'm stating, you don't put down another black person like that when that black person has gave up props to you

Monique brought Tiffany's name into her BS. As far as I'm concerned Tiffany can handle it how she see's fit.

A black person having an issue about something, you don't be on some "oh you need to suck it up or go elsewhere because they treating me right and these other groups of ppl that don't fuck wit us"

And if Netflix had treated Ava, Dave, Monique, Tiffany, Shondra, Deray, Marlon, Katt, and Chris like shit, you'd have a point. Yet only one person in that list had a problem.

let me find out Knock related to Mo'Nique and i never knew this

Then you include other races, that don't fuck with black ppl as a whole to try and strengthen your point.

So we supposed to not support ALLLLL the other shows/stand ups on Netflix that have black people in them because Monique didn't get offered what she thinks she's worth?

So we supposed to not support ALLLLL the other shows/stand ups on Netflix that have black people in them because Monique didn't get offered what she thinks she's worth?

I don't think she was asking them to offer her what she's worth, (from the BC interview, NF didn't let them send a counter) I think she got offered a slave deal, which is the reason for her outcry, big difference.

Would it be fair to say this situation, cut this situation out and replace Mo, with Kap, and Tiff, associate her with those other football players who didn't take a knee, and made comments about Kap taking a knee, those players that stated that they have to feed their family, and how Kap is crazy for sitting, what he's doing (in a sense) is crazy, do those other football players who hated on Kap, does it sound like they are projecting what Tiff is in here saying? See Dez Bryant comments, see McCoy's comments, doesn't their comments sound a bit Tiffany'ish?

(only thing, different between Kap and Mo), Kap didn't ask ppl to stop watching football, but him getting black-balled by the NFL, is a silent way to not watch the NFL if you feel dude's been treated badly, but you still got niggas watching the NFL (which is cool) thus you got ppl saying it's crazy to stop watching NF, (what's the difference)?

Everything fits all, be consistent with your choices. I'ma boycott the NFL, cuz they shitting on KAP, but I'ma shit on MO cuz she's fat and sloppy and unfunny, but all along, NF offered the lady a slave deal, and you got ppl like Tiff on some I got mines, this, that and the 3rd.
Sambo talk IMO

If you think the NFL did KAP wrong and you don't think NF is guilty of shitting on MO, because now they are cutting you a check, then that's Sambo'n your way for more butter biscuits, you don't want your water-line to get cut off, just my thoughts.

You have dudes that when they were asked about Kap, sounding just like Tiff, they were are on some, I gotta eat and feed my kids, other BS, almost to a point where it was fuck how the NFL was doing Kap,
We got blacks, other groups of ppl that the NFL support? The flag is a symbol for all Americans crap that they spewed to the media, doesn't that sound like what Tiffany is saying in this article?

So we suppose to continue to watch football because they are black-balling Kap and maybe E.Reid next?

Is this not the same thing?

Some may say it's a bad example and not give their reason to why, which is cool, one wouldn't take the time out and think to a certain depth that these 2 incidents are parallel to one another

Last edited:
I don't think she was asking them to offer her what she's worth, (from the BC interview, NF didn't let them send a counter) I think she got offered a slave deal, which is the reason for her outcry, big difference.

Slave deal?

She got double from Netflix than she did from Almost Christmas.

Back