Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thoughts on what Drake said to Budden....

For me at the time,not really knowing who he was on the mixtapes I was like why is this song getting so much play?

Then I started liking it.

Video was dope.It was based on the movie Shocker where a serial killer ends up being able to come through the TV after being electrocuted in the electric chair.

I really didn't tune in to Budden until around Mood Musik 2 ,but I heard his debut but never got into until later.

Before MM I really liked his Nas Last real Nigga Alive freestyle though and was like "Oh this nigga be rappin" .It was on some mixtape.
Yea I never really followed his career, it was years before i remembered pump it up was him. Kept hearing about him online, or for from friends. Then heard his name more when slaughter house started. I couldnt keep up with the mixtape game, too much shit was coming out and back then you had to put more effort than i was willing to give to get those tapes. Of course I also peeped his online antics early that i thought was entertaining.

Yea I never really followed his career, it was years before i remembered pump it up was him. Kept hearing about him online, or for from friends. Then heard his name more when slaughter house started. I couldnt keep up with the mixtape game, too much shit was coming out and back then you had to put more effort than i was willing to give to get those tapes. Of course I also peeped his online antics early that i thought was entertaining.
That was like the blog era so I got put on to a lot of ppl on blogs/sites and Budden,Crooked,Joell,and Royce were the most prominent lyricists still grinding it out and getting some traction in the dance era.

I heard all the mainstream shit on the radio and on some blogs,but they also were tuned in to the lyricists too on the blogs.

He was 1 of the first rappers to really utilize the internet.

That was like the blog era so I got put on to a lot of ppl on blogs/sites and Budden,Crooked,Joell,and Royce were the most prominent lyricists still grinding it out and getting some traction in the dance era.

I heard all the mainstream shit on the radio and on some blogs,but they also were tuned in to the lyricists too on the blogs.

He was 1 of the first rappers to really utilize the internet.
You right, I totally forgot about all the blogs

Back