Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thoughts On This Meme?

Kids will be kids, sometimes with the strictest or most well intentioned parents.

But the older ppl before us always told us how we arent shit compared to what they dealt with. Now we're doing it to the generation after us. Is it a coincidence that every generation thinks the one after them is worse than theirs?
No not a coincidence by any measure. But we also are t built like the generation before us either.

I don't go by none of that silly shit but homie is right 32 is a millennial.
Gotta find a different name for these 2000+ baby pill heads
You may not believe in it but as studies say we fall in one of the categories.

It all started after Tupacs death and his posthumous success in my opinion. That's when sharks really saw the profit potential and what kind of formula to put together to piggy back that success. I'd compare it to the success of Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and it's after affects on gaming. Both made too much money, as a result the art forms became more manufactured. But with rap, I think the genre also lost it's teeth as no one wanted a repeat of the East/West beef and the window was more open for culture vultures.

Technology was just another can of gas on the fire as music became more accessible and social media became more prevalent. Another thing is that society is an ever changing deviation of itself. What's acceptable now was unacceptable then and will be different again in the future. With raps global success, and art reflecting life, a lot of what we don't like bout the genre now is just an ugly mirror of societies other problems.

My generation is X.. its hard to believe that it came from ours. Gen Z are those rappers that are out now that are promoting drug use/overdose and pill poppin and doing excessive nonsense. My generation cultivated marijuana crack and herion, not to say any era is better than any other. I just feel that the message these days aren’t as positive as we had it. There were ppl that were spokesppl for stopping drug use. Again, social medias platform isn’t helping sensor any of these illicit acts either.

In others words our generation sold to fiends. Those fiends had kids on drugs and now we got rappers who OD. Niggas literally miss the pattern and their part in it and made the people behind them dealt with it differently.

Our parents been complaining about rap sonce it started now we old and doing the sane thing.

I don't have a problem with Cardi but it's wack that her type of rapper is the goto. Imo women need to sort it out and stop admirin' whores

The eras in life. These gen Z or millennials take what was built for granted. They have no true personto look up to and what’s sad is when I’m old they’ll be taking care of me.

It’s basically a social and mental deconstruction that media and other platforms have successfully brainwashed our youth.
TALK THAT SHIT MOON-PAC

The most commonly accepted time frame for Millennials according to researchers is 1981-1996

So lil Kim never happened?

She happened, but there was also Lauryn Hill. Along with many other female rappers from that time, black women at that, many would put above Cardi B. These days we only really hear about Cardi, Nicki, and .... I'm not hip to what's popular these days.

My wiser self would prefer the young folks taking to Lauryns music and other artist with a similar lane. That ratchet shit is junk food for the ears at best and dangerous to weaker minds at worst.

Back