Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION this is ridiculous

The WNBA is 25 years old.

When the NBA was 25 years old, players weren’t making crazy money relative to the time.

As much as they may not like it, this era of WNBA players are the Russell, wilt, Jerry west era of their league. It’s always joked about how some of that era guys were milkmen and whatsoever in the offseason.

The WNBA is a young brand, that isn’t growing at the rate the NBA did but is nonetheless a growing brand. The NBA is an established brand with decades of history, league expansion, revenue building. It would be nice if the WNBA brand grew at the rate of a UFC but it’s not.

I personally like WNBA hoops. Catch games time to time. Keep up with the Connecticut Sun, but all basketball lovers aren’t obligated to be fans of the league. You’re going to get some, like myself and as more generations grow up with it more will help grow the league. But it’s a process.

This post is accurate and it's also very sad for me because I really thought that Kobe's daughter Gigi was going to be that next generation women's basketball star.

If Swoopes, Cooper, Leslie were the equivalent to Wilt, Russell, Big O era than Taurasi, Sue Bird, Lauren Jackson were the Jordan, Magic, Bird era.

There's a new era right now with Stewie, A'ja, Arika O but Gigi was going to be that LeBron level star. She was going top usher in that new era. The new generation of female athletes. The WNBA would've been more than 30 years old by then. Thee NBA was 30 until the 70's. She was gonna be the one who we followed all through high school. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

Also. Comparing the WNBA to basketball back in the day is not a realistic comparison and don’t add up.

Also. Comparing the WNBA to basketball back in the day is not a realistic comparison and don’t add up.

I think he was just trying to compare the timelines.

It's not like the WNBA has been around forever. In it's first 25 years the NBA didn't even have that many 7 footers or high flyers. They didn't even have a 3 point line yet.

It makes more since to compare the first 25 years of the WNBA to the first 25 years of the NBA. It wouldn't be fair to compare them right now at two completely different stages.

For example. 30 years ago the NBA was not a global brand that it is now. Then in 1992 The Dream Team happened and the rest is history. Today's NBA looks nothing like the NBA in 1991. Just like today's WNBA looks nothing like the WNBA in 1997. We gotta give it time.

It's not like the WNBA has been around forever. In it's first 25 years the NBA didn't even have that many 7 footers or high flyers. They didn't even have a 3 point line yet.

It makes more since to compare the first 25 years of the WNBA to the first 25 years of the NBA. It wouldn't be fair to compare them right now at two completely different stages.

For example. 30 years ago the NBA was not a global brand that it is now. Then in 1992 The Dream Team happened and the rest is history. Today's NBA looks nothing like the NBA in 1991. Just like today's WNBA looks nothing like the WNBA in 1997. We gotta give it time.

Compare the first 25 years then and you would see completely different trends for women vs men.

That shit is :pathetic: too

Sorry you do not like it..but that ish is enjoyable to watch. Especially when Pat Summit was alive and you get those Tenn vs Uconn matches with chicks like Chamique Holdsclaw or Diana Taurasi. Those games use to be lit...

Sorry you do not like it..but that ish is enjoyable to watch. Especially when Pat Summit was alive and you get those Tenn vs Uconn matches with chicks like Chamique Holdsclaw or Diana Taurasi. Those games use to be lit...

Lmao.

Yea. Extra bad basketball is enjoyable to watch

:mybad:

I think comparing the first 25 years is a terrible comparison. The WNBA has multiple 24 hr sports networks to show clips of their games, way more marketing channels, the internet, most households have multiple TV's, a big televised college tournament to promote the players, and the NBA already raised interest in the sport of basketball in general. The WNBA has it waaaay easier in its first 24 years than the NBA did.

Tell yall what, the WNBA is super necessary. I remember the first time watching a wbna game with my sister after a bunch of NBA games and noticed it hit different for her.

I cant sit here and say wbna players should get paid as much as nba players. Thats a false equivalency. What I can say though is that im glad they got more money in their last CB deal. Their pay went up alot, and theyll get paid way more on average now.

I’ll say this: the WNBA needs to make more money. Their current tv deal pays them a whopping $12 million per season thru 2022. Yea that can’t be happening. They need to get on another network other than ESPN too.

I’ll say this: the WNBA needs to make more money. Their current tv deal pays them a whopping $12 million per season thru 2022. Yea that can’t be happening. They need to get on another network other than ESPN too.

It doesn't matter is there isn't enough fan interest

Back