Welcome To aBlackWeb

You gon have to post more than smh. You can't deny nature b
That isn't nature. There are men who are emotional thinkers and women who are logical, and neither are he exception. Assigning personality characteristics to the sexes isn't helpful, it's limiting. Doesn't take into account individualism and helps further the gender divide by approaching the sexes like we're different species. That's gender essentialism.
I want to clear up any misunderstanding you may have, please, elaborate
Nah it wasn't a misunderstanding, just grouping being near each other but not interacting under quality time didn't seem right to me personally. Also, the only alternative to Netflix and chill isn't a restaurant. There are parks, aquariums, museums, endless options that have nothing to do with getting dressed up.

If all or most of the quality time you get is sitting next to each other and hardly interacting... and simply getting out of the house and doing shit together is the exception, not the rule? Idk. Maybe it varies by couple and people with indoor interests will enjoy that more but it doesn't read like a healthy aim to me personally.

Outings aren't solely planned by men so again, that was one of the things that I wasn't sure why they were squarely directed at women.

Take the emasculation statement. What you described is someone's efforts being undermined and not respected. That would be just as much a problem if the offence was being done from the man to the woman, yet you termed it emasculation and framed it as an attack on the man's place.

A lot of what you described IMO was just people being inconsiderate or unappreciative,it was unnecessarily gendered and playing into stereotypes.

You all over the place and doing that selective reading thing.

Men by nature aren't as talkative as women. I clearly stated that some men are, most aren't. Unless it's a specific area of interest he likes, you are, on any given day, are going to use more words than he does.

Again, the thread is about things women need to know, if you do these things, consider yourself the exception... But an overwhelming majority of females aren't.

You are taking my comments and making them sound like the furthest extreme. My point about quality time or enjoying a comfortable silence is as the relationship grows and you get out the honeymoon phase, for the most part you will settle into a routine. You aren't ALWAYS gonna have a particular subject to discuss in depth, unless you happen to be in the same profession or something and y'all talking about the latest research findings or something equivalent. You have to find moments where you are fine with just being in each other's presence and finding solace as comfort in that.

About quality time, you reached on that one too. I wasn't suggesting that the other activities you suggested in lieu of Netflix were not appropriate. I was merely saying that in my example, the generic female only considers being wined and dined as quality time.

And not that we should follow the examples society, but it is often shown that the male is supposed to cater to the female in most situations. I'm saying go against conventional practices and show him a nice time. Why do you think there is no clever saying like "happy wife, happy life" for the man) husband? Because it places emphasis that the female is the one in the relationship who should be catered to. C'mon Trini, you should know me well enough to not deduce my posts to some trivial peon thoughts

Last edited:
Idk what Goldie talking bout lol

I would think she coming down with a cold or something. I'm good on that

You all over the place and doing that selective reading thing.

Men by nature aren't as talkative as women. I clearly stated that some men are, most aren't. Unless it's a specific area of interest he likes, you are, on any given day, are going to use more words than he does.

Again, the thread is about things women need to know, if you do these things, consider yourself the exception... But an overwhelming majority of females aren't.

You are taking my comments and making them sound like the furthest extreme. My point about quality time or enjoying a comfortable silence is as the relationship grows and you get out the honeymoon phase, for the most part you will settle into a routine. You aren't ALWAYS gonna have a particular subject to discuss in depth, unless you happen to be in the same profession or something and y'all talking about the latest research findings or something equivalent. You have to find moments where you are fine with just being in each other's presence and finding solace as comfort in that.

About quality time, you reached on that one too. I wasn't suggesting that the other activities you suggested in lieu of Netflix were not appropriate. I was merely saying that in my example, the generic female only considers being wined and dined as quality time.

And not that we should follow the examples society, but it is often shown that the male is supposed to cater to the female in most situations. I'm saying go against conventional practices and show him a nice time. Why do you think there is no clever saying like "happy wife, happy life" for the man) husband? Because it places emphasis that the female is the one in the relationship who should be catered to. C'mon Trini, you should know me well enough to not deduce my posts to some trivial peon thoughts
I didn't do selective reading.
The bolded don't sound good to me but I get the gist of what you're saying. Appreciating each other's presence is important.

I clearly said that the bolded, specifically was what didn't sit well with me.

I want to clear up any misunderstanding you may have, please, elaborate

YOU asked me to elaborate
You gon have to post more than smh. You can't deny nature b

and I did.

"You have to find moments where you are fine with just being in each other's presence and finding solace as comfort in that." I agreed with you on this, if you read what I was saying.
The bolded don't sound good to me but I get the gist of what you're saying. Appreciating each other's presence is important.

I took issues with your broad generalizations and stereotyping. Looking @ statements like this:

"the generic female only considers being wined and dined as quality time"
"Again, the thread is about things women need to know, if you do these things, consider yourself the exception... But an overwhelming majority of females aren't."

You're still doing it.

It's no issue tho, I said my bit (under your urging for me to expound) n now Ima let you cook.

I didn't do selective reading.

I clearly said that the bolded, specifically was what didn't sit well with me.

YOU asked me to elaborate

and I did.

"You have to find moments where you are fine with just being in each other's presence and finding solace as comfort in that." I agreed with you on this, if you read what I was saying.

I took issues with your broad generalizations and stereotyping. Looking @ statements like this:

"the generic female only considers being wined and dined as quality time"
"Again, the thread is about things women need to know, if you do these things, consider yourself the exception... But an overwhelming majority of females aren't."

You're till doing it. It's no issue tho, I said my bit (under your urging for me to expound) n now Ima let you cook.

You know what, it's Sunday and I'm cooking babygirl breakfast

I ain't got the energy to deal with you right now.

You know what, it's Sunday and I'm cooking babygirl breakfast

I ain't got the energy to deal with you right now.
Edited my post to add in quotes n refresh your memory. You aint gotta get in your feelings just cause a post didn't sit well with another.

Ima let you cook figuratively and literally. Getting food myself brb

Edited my post to add in quotes n refresh your memory. You aint gotta get in your feelings just cause a post didn't sit well with another.

Ima let you cook figuratively and literally. Getting food myself brb
Lol

I ain't in no feelings Trini. We having a discussion, plain and simple. I always appreciate the back and forth. We still cool. I promise you

But you tell me sway, what are some things from a man's pov that women need to know

Back