Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The Unpopular Opinion Thread

His work with The Brother's Johnson is really all you need:

The Brother's Johnson debut album, Look Out for #1, which was #1 on the R&B charts
Their 2nd album, Right on Time, peaked at #2 on the R&B charts, gave us the #1 R&B hit Strawberry Letter 23 (interpolated by for Curren$y's Money Machine 2) and won a Grammy for the track "Q"
Their third album, Blam!, again #1 on the R&B charts and #7 on the pop charts
Their fourth album, Light Up the Night, once again #1 on the R&B charts and #5 on the pop charts.

I could also throw in James Ingram's debut album "It's Your Night" just 'cause you wanted five. RIAA Gold, #10 on the charts and was nominated for four Grammys that year, winning one.

Is the BJ album better than Bobby Brown's first album? Boyz 2 Men's albums? Toni Braxton's albums? Babyface's first album?

Is the BJ album better than Bobby Brown's first album? Boyz 2 Men's albums? Toni Braxton's albums? Babyface's first album?

Better is subjective. But BJ's albums and songs are classics and James Ingram's joint is a classic of 80's R&B.

Most of the shit i said was in the 80s.......

Yall niggas just saying anything at this point. I'm done.

yeah, and The Brother's Johnson's albums were from the 70's and Ingram's album was '82, what's your point here?

Sonically you can't even compare the late 70's/early 80's to the late 80's/early 90's.

I've already rested my case. The best mfs could rebuttal with was the brothers Johnson

giphy (51).gif

Pause

Tevin Campbell had hits tho. Gotta give Quincy credit for that as well, but I ain't puttin him over Babyface or Teddy Riley.

:hahaha:What about Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis?

Idk if I'd put em in my top 5, but they're easily better than QJ.

MJ produced and wrote a lot of his own shit, I'm not giving QJ full credit for that. Then to add to that, niggas like Babyface, JJTL,etc were making the beats and writing the songs. QJ wasn't doing that shit.

Get that nigga df outta here man

Back