Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Podcast Thread (Lamar Odom @ DrinkChamps)

Is it putting it on them or placing proper blame?

Let's do a hypothetical.

If me and you are opps and we meet in an alley. Shit starts poppin off , u take my gun to shoot me with it, I run off, cops come and surround you.

You cant say " nah this ain't my gun, its Goldie's, he ran that way"

U got caught with it, it's your charge.

And this is why I say I'd never be in that position. Because ME, THE NIGGA SITTING HERE ON THE COMPUTER TYPING, LIVING MY LAW ABIDING ASS LIFE, RUNNING AROUND THE CITY BEING A CITIZEN, I'm not doing mad years in jail over no street shit. So I stay on the sidewalk.

But if I was Troy Ave. and I been running around the city for years calling myself a street nigga and rapping about adhering to a certain code...I'D ADHERE TO THAT CODE LIKE A MAN AND TAKE MY L.
That's all cool and respectable....

But this is bigger than nino brown.

It's heavily influenced in our community that being a street dude is respectable and drives sales.

Can we fault these niggas for not wanting to stand alone or being attracted to saying they grimey when they not.

I had a nice porch that I was more than happy to stay on.
But is law abiding citizens promoted as respectable?

This is all backwards.

We can't say being from the streets is cool and push people to act the part then flip it and say you not the part because now we mad.

Whos the gatekeepers? Wheres the rule makers?

Troy broke rules but tax faking blood?

Bruh.....

Let's do a hypothetical.

If me and you are opps and we meet in an alley. Shit starts poppin off , u take my gun to shoot me with it, I run off, cops come and surround you.

If the roles were reversed.....I'd be waiting for you to get out the back of a cop car saying..
:hedidit: he live right there! Nigga be on abw talking gang gang shit.

Yes, officer. Two words.....D....O...yes S.

Not hyphen...underscore.

That's all cool and respectable....

But this is bigger than nino brown.

It's heavily influenced in our community that being a street dude is respectable and drives sales.

Can we fault these niggas for not wanting to stand alone or being attracted to saying they grimey when they not.

I had a nice porch that I was more than happy to stay on.
But is law abiding citizens promoted as respectable?

This is all backwards.

We can't say being from the streets is cool and push people to act the part then flip it and say you not the part because now we mad.

Whos the gatekeepers? Wheres the rule makers?

Troy broke rules but tax faking blood?

Bruh.....

I don't fault Tekashi for being attracted to claiming the street life. He can clam whatever lifestyle he wants. But I don't respect any man who stands on principles when it's easy but then folds when the pressure REALLY comes. That's all. When you take part in beating niggas up, putting money on niggas heads, etc, etc, etc, you are totally ok with accepting everything that comes with the street life...until it's time to deal with the repercussions.

That's my only issues. I say the same thing in ANY similar scenario.

And we can say being from the streets is cool. Being from the streets IS cool and IS advantageous because when you come from the streets, there is a different kinda resilience that you have and a different type of mentality about taking losses. But its like Dre said in Walk It Out.

'I ain't a hood nigga, just a nigga from the hood'.

I'm not saying being a STREET NIGGA is positive. I'm saying that being FROM THE STREETS can be positive.

So tax faked blood.....got his gun took and told but he the real nigga in this and we focusing only on troy nigga fuckery?

Y'all cheating.

I'm going in house.
Where my ball at?

Let's do a hypothetical.

Did you have a question here?

So tax faked blood.....got his gun took and told but he the real nigga in this and we focusing only on troy nigga fuckery?

Y'all cheating.

I'm going in house.
Where my ball at?

I mean...we all only talking about what Troy did and said...becasue the interview is with Troy and the thread is about Troy. Lol. Like what are we talking about here.

If niggas wanna start a thread with an interview with Tax where he talks about ratting on niggas or whatever else, we can all talk about that too.

I don't fault Tekashi for being attracted to claiming the street life. He can clam whatever lifestyle he wants. But I don't respect any man who stands on principles when it's easy but then folds when the pressure REALLY comes. That's all. When you take part in beating niggas up, putting money on niggas heads, etc, etc, etc, you are totally ok with accepting everything that comes with the street life...until it's time to deal with the repercussions.

That's my only issues. I say the same thing in ANY similar scenario.

And we can say being from the streets is cool. Being from the streets IS cool and IS advantageous because when you come from the streets, there is a different kinda resilience that you have and a different type of mentality about taking losses. But its like Dre said in Walk It Out.

'I ain't a hood nigga, just a nigga from the hood'.

I'm not saying being a STREET NIGGA is positive. I'm replying that being FROM THE STREETS can be positive.
I agree.
But the rules keep changing like a stripper hoe changes laps.

And if that's the case.....who can be right outside of who niggas like.

From what I understand they bump into each other backstage , a scuffle breaks out , Tax pulls out the hammer, gun go off kills Banga others are hit, in the melee Tax drops the gun and runs outta there, Troy picks up the gun and shoots at Tax in the club, tax is arrested so is Troy ...Troy is charged w gun possession and attempted murder ( Troy is claiming self defense as he should). Tax supposedly writes a letter to the judge blaming Troy...

Not to forget niggas tried to murder Troy a little time after in his Maserati

So if I’m reading correctly niggas are saying if they were Troy they s shut the fuck up and just accept the consequences of some shit he didn’t start?

From what I understand they bump into each other backstage , a scuffle breaks out , Tax pulls out the hammer, gun go off kills Banga others are hit, in the melee Tax drops the gun and runs outta there, Troy picks up the gun and shoots at Tax in the club, tax is arrested so is Troy ...Troy is charged w gun possession and attempted murder ( Troy is claiming self defense as he should). Tax supposedly writes a letter to the judge blaming Troy...

Not to forget niggas tried to murder Troy a little time after in his Maserati

So if I’m reading correctly niggas are saying if they were Troy they s shut the fuck up and just accept the consequences of some shit he didn’t start?

Totally unrelated to what we were talking about, I'd like to point out that IF this is what actually happened, that ain't self defense.

Back