Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/kushner-middle-east-peace-plan-stop-short-sovereign-palestine

Kushner’s Middle East Peace Plan To Stop Short Of Sovereign Palestinian State

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner’s long-awaited Middle East peace plan is likely to debut this spring or summer and reportedly does not include sovereignty for Palestine.

According to a Sunday Washington Post report, officials familiar with the plan say it centers on economic opportunities for the Palestinians and a guarantee of Israeli control over disputed territory.

Representatives from both the Palestinian and Israeli governments say their leadership will at least look at the plan before making judgments, though the Palestinians maintain that President Donald Trump is biased against their interests.

Per the Post, hopes are not high for the plan among experts who have watched decades of similar US-led efforts fail miserably.

399844C7-C27C-4285-B146-180C479C890E.gif

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gillibrand-campaign-no-question-poor-fundraising-due-to-franken

Gillibrand Campaign Says ‘No Question’ Poor Fundraising Due To Franken Stance

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) is blaming her subpar first quarter fundraising haul — $3 million — on backlash to her leadership in calling for former Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) to resign after allegations of sexual harassment.

There is “no question” that the fundraising “was adversely impacted by certain establishment donors — and many online — who continue to punish Kirsten for standing up for her values and for women,” the Gillibrand campaign told the Washington Post.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is currently leading the pack with $18.2 million from the first quarter. Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) then former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) follow behind, with $12 million and $9.4 million, respectively.

Gillibrand was the first senator to call for Franken’s resignation in 2017, a move that rankled some top donors.

CEFFCC99-E5A3-4CD2-B4FF-32E89C52A440.gif

The saddest shit about this is objectively Trump had such a good platform from the Obama Administration on the US economy that when his re-election campaign comes he's gonna be notoriously tough to beat unless recession comes. As much as I can't stand the bastard his approach to the US economy would earn an A- from me. Corporate tax rates at all time lows, small business taxes at all time lows (lowest in US history - this was Obama's policymaking tho), robust economic growth, the shit is sad but Trump is winning on the economy. It's hard to tell people it doesn't matter who's in office with the economy (unless it's doing bad) which will give him a huge edge SMMFH.

Who cares about low corporate taxes besides corporations? He flat out lied about lowering taxes for regular people.

The saddest shit about this is objectively Trump had such a good platform from the Obama Administration on the US economy that when his re-election campaign comes he's gonna be notoriously tough to beat unless recession comes. As much as I can't stand the bastard his approach to the US economy would earn an A- from me. Corporate tax rates at all time lows, small business taxes at all time lows (lowest in US history - this was Obama's policymaking tho), robust economic growth, the shit is sad but Trump is winning on the economy. It's hard to tell people it doesn't matter who's in office with the economy (unless it's doing bad) which will give him a huge edge SMMFH.

The middle class aint benefiting from anything.

Businesses ain’t doing shit with that extra money.

So ppl should just ignore all the horrible shit thats came from trump and this admin and vote for him because the economy is good? Fuck that, isnt gonna work out like that, and unless youre a huge business or stay playin the stock markets, youre average person is gonna give zero fucks or see the effects of a "booming economy" that shits just another wack ass talking point they stay throwing around

I don't like Trump one bit and I can't stand him but facts show that the US economy is a fucking beast right now. The markets are even taking advantage of the fact. 98% of it is all the Obama Administration but Trump or his cabinet has done a good job at building on to what the Obama Administration did for big business and the economy. I thought Trump was gonna go backwards with it but he hasn't.

Trump ain’t doing anything though.

He’s just piggybacking off Obama shit

Back