Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

I didn't say anything like that. I implied im not voting in a pro-cop prosecutor with a shitty record simply because she's black
I wouldn't either, but your disparaging her out the gate looked like what was done to Hillary.

I'm voting for who I feel would be best in the primaries regardless. Once the Democratic candidate is chosen, I'm riding with them regardless.

I wouldn't either, but your disparaging her out the gate looked like what was done to Hillary.

I'm voting for who I feel would be best in the primaries regardless. Once the Democratic candidate is chosen, I'm riding with them regardless.
The Democrats can do better than her. If she wins the nomination we're in trouble.

h0toilet_h_Black.jpg

It's still early but I do find it interesting that out of all the dems planning on running.. folks are coming at Kamala the hardest.

I'm sure all these politicians have skeletons in their closets but you don't see nearly as much energy being put into trying to discredit any of the candidates outside of her.

just an observation....

Probably her closet full of proverbial black bodies. The pandering doesn't help either acting like she listens to Cardi B. Also are we supposed to give a shit about her owning 50 pairs of Converse? Us as a people are NOT dumb. She hasn't spoke on ANYTHING about tangibles for the black community, and she's not going to.

Oh by the way, yesterday Kamala said that slavery doesn't matter, which is crazy considering that her husband might be Jewish. (Heard he was, but not sure.) She's not going to tell him the holocaust doesn't matter. TRUST.

Dope. Good lookin out.

I’ll need to take some time to dig into it. I’d also like to take a look at research with a more positive bias (as you can tell these articles have a particular perspective)

On the one hand, you don’t get to the top of law enforcement in the most popular state in the country without some questionable marks on your record , on the other hand, at first blush - this raises some concerns about her ability to fight for important issues in the black community.

I would like to hear more from her on these topics and also hear her account directly for these claims and speak to her position moving forward.

Questions I’d like to hear asked if her:

“Based on ____, is it fair to say you are more concerned with your political status than doing what is best for your constituents, how will that influence your behavior as President? “

“Based on ______ (x, y,z case) what would you say to those you would claim you value the letter of the law more than doing what is right for individuals?”

I think there are skeletons in everyone’s closet. Moreso in those who have been more ambitious in their careers. It is also important to note and give due attention to the larger scale progression towards positive change that those with a larger platform and more exposure have been able to affect; in addition to spot checking indiscretions.

Each candidate needs to be able to provide a defense I can live with and a direction that represents my values.

She just declared a week ago. We still have a lot to learn.

If we’ve learned anything over the past few years, it is that we need to listen, research and think more than simply relying on others to feed our opinions to us.

Thoughts?

They're right plain and simple.

Also it's not smart for any candidate to use bullshit racial stereotypes to pander to black people. Harris did that, don't think Sanders or Biden has done that yet. That still doesn't mean them voting in favor of that crime bill shouldn't be brought up even without them pandering for black votes. It should be brought up and talked about as well.

The war in Afganistan ended up being such a wasted effort.

Almost 20 years in, and now news reports say that the US and the Taliban have agreed in principle to a peace agreement and official meetings to come up with a peace treaty are starting.

The plan was to destroy Al Qeada and the Taliban, and the Taliban still rule half the country and will go back to ruling the whole country after this peace treaty is signed and the US backs out.

The US should have learned in Vietnam that no more how strong your military is in conventional warfare, it doesnt mean shit when it comes to unconventional warfare.

The same is happening with Iraq. 15 years in and the people in charge are people who hate America and they are alligned with Iran.

Same shit happened in Libya. The group America supported killed Gaddafi and then turned against the US. Gaddafi was many things but he wasnt a direct threat to the US and the US replaced him with a direct threat to the US.

Same shit in Syria.

The US really needs to change their strategy when it comes to military involvement going forward.

Back