Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

This whole 5 minute thing doesnt nothing for continuity. i think its too consequential to impose these clinical limits

Thats by design.......Grassley and the GOP doesn't want to get her in a set rhythm and the lack of continuity can throw her off which allows them to shoot holes in her story

Damn that was a good ass answer. I remember just as I am talking to you right now and then she hit the bitch with some scientific reasoning and terms. She's well prepared so far.

Faux News is complaining about the 5 minute intervals imposed by Grassley is backfiring on the GOP.........they are calling it a disaster because the female GOP attorney is treating it like a deposition and she can't lay the groundwork before it goes back to a Democratic senator who asks Dr Ford how she felt (which is compelling in their eyes)

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/christine-blasey-ford-absolutely-not-mistaken-identity

Ford: This Could ‘Absolutely Not’ Be Case Of Mistaken Identity

Asked at Thursday’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing if the sexual assault she experienced as a teenager could be a case of mistaken identity, Christine Blasey Ford said, “absolutely not.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), top Democrat on the committee, asked Ford how she knew that it was Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh who covered her mouth to silence her while trying to remove her clothing at a high school gathering.

“The same way I’m sure I’m talking to you right now,” Ford, a psychologist, said. “Basic memory functions. And also just the level of norepinephrine and epinephrine in the brain that sort of, as you know, encodes that neurotransmitter encodes memories into the hippocampus so the trauma-related experience is locked there whereas other details kind of drift.”

Republicans, including conservative activist Ed Whelan, have postulated that a Kavanaugh lookalike could have committed the assault. Two men also went to the committee to claim that they, not Kavanaugh, were the ones who assaulted Ford.

Another Republican conspiracy theory bites the dust...

CoffuQ2VIAEiE9L.jpg

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...n-gop-as-he-blames-them-for-lack-of-fbi-probe

Whitehouse Slaps Table, Stares Down GOP As He Blames Them For Lack Of FBI Probe

Kate Riga

Growing increasingly agitated, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) slapped the table as he blamed “13 men” — President Donald Trump, FBI Director Christopher Wray and the 11 Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee — for robbing professor Christine Blasey Ford of the FBI investigation and testimony by alleged attacker Mark Judge that he said she deserves.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/far-right-twitter-mocks-christine-ford-crying-memory

Far-Right Twitter Mocks Blasey Ford For ‘Fake Crying,’ ‘Lying’ About Her Story

Testifying before the Senate on Thursday, Christine Blasey Ford recalled the story of her alleged sexual assault by Brett Kavanaugh as a teenager and described the trauma of having to relive that experience at a public hearing aired live on TV.

For some on the far-right, her account was mockable. In Twitter posts, they heaped scorn on Blasey Ford as a Democratic Party pawn who was unreliable because some details of the 36-year-old account changed over multiple retellings.

At one point Ford, a psychologist, said that what stuck with her most is the “uproarious laughter” Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge shared during the alleged assault.

“ ‘Indelible in the hippocampus’ Ford says,” tweeted conservative radio host Buck Sexton. “She is an expert in memory, you see, but is missing some very important memories here.”

Conservative commentator Michelle Malkin joked about the “giant black hole through which” the details of Ford’s account “disappeared.”

Several others mocked Ford as faking the emotion she expressed while reading her prepared statement and answering questions.

“I wonder if she cried the first hundred times she practiced the stmt prepared by her lawyers for her to read?” legal blogger Scott Greenfield wrote.

“Oooo I’m such a baby that I need coffee in order to stop fake crying and I’m going to use a baby voice so you all think I’m a little girl,” Pizzagate conspiracy theorist Laura Loomer said in one of a stream of mocking tweets.

“I’m laughing,” senior Townhall columnist Kurt Schlichter said in response to author Molly Jong-Fast’s tweet: a photo of Ford speaking captioned “I’m crying.”

Stefan Molyneux, a prominent voice on the far-right, claimed that Ford was only providing this account publicly because “the Democrats hate Kavanaugh, and she is a Democrat.”

Many mainstream conservatives distanced themselves from these critiques and cruel jokes, saying that they found Ford to be a credible, compelling witness.

GOP congressional aides told TPM that the proceedings were a “mess” and that Ford’s testimony “was bad for Kavanaugh and Republicans.”

Fox News’ Brit Hume called her “very sympathetic” in the network’s live coverage, while his colleague Chris Wallace called the hearing “a disaster for the Republicans.”

The National Review Online’s Jonah Golberg wrote that Ford appeared “very sympathetic and sincere.”

Back