Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

This Dez to the giants shit appears to be picking up steam...focusing on a aging WR, instead of the oline, RB and defensive players is part of the reason we sucked last year. However OBJ, Dez, Sheppard, Barkley and engram, along w reinforcements for the oline via the draft might turn this weak ass offense around. If we draft Barkley, the key is to find at least one good OLinemen in the draft. If not, there is no point in drafting SB. The defense is another story. We basically need Apple to get it together, shit reminds me of waiting for ereck flowers to have his "breakthrough" every year....

Sidenote. Fuck RT. I think Flowers might have a better chance of becoming a decent guard. His biggest weakness is dealing w speed rushers who beat him around the edge. Playing guard won't expose him to that. This whole RT shit doesn't really make sense to me as a solution. D coordinators will just set up their best pass rushers over there to whoop on em all day and avoid Mate Solder

NYG pick up Dez just count them as another top 5 pick.

Hustling backwards

It could. But dez wanna go there so bad that the giants hold the leverage in negotiations and we might be able to get him on a incentive based contract. Dez is only 29. We not gonna ask him what Dallas was asking of him. And that is where my concern is with dez. Will he be ok being a 3rd or at times 4th option in the offense if we draft Barkley.

I don’t understand how the giants wanted to rid themselves of a diva wideout in odel because he’s “too much trouble”, but are (allegedly) interested in signing another diva wideout in dez bryant

giants priority needs to be fixing the o-line instead of signing/drafting all these skill position players (engram last year, reportedly barkley and dez this year)

new regime, same old mistakes

I don’t understand how the giants wanted to rid themselves of a diva wideout in odel because he’s “too much trouble”, but are (allegedly) interested in signing another diva wideout in dez bryant

giants priority needs to be fixing the o-line instead of signing/drafting all these skill position players (engram last year, reportedly barkley and dez this year)

new regime, same old mistakes

I hear ya man. However, there is one Big difference between engram n Barkley and is not skill I'm talking about. Is potential usage rate. Barkley can get 30 touches a game through ground and air and have a game plan literally built around him. You can' do that w any tight end. The Dez thing is a harder sell, it is basically the same situation as Marshall last year. Tall WR w attitude issues along side OBJ. Main difference is Dez is younger and in better physical shape. However, they do need to continue to build that oline. Which is why is crucial that they come our of this draft w at least one good startin olineman

I don't see the Dez/Giants thing happening @ all.

They have pass catchers (Dell, Shep, Engram) already so it's not a priority. And Dez needs to get the most money he can get (while trying to be on a contender) b/c more than likely this is his last (big) contract.

If he went anywhere in the division it would be the Skins. They'd give him a bag (assuming they were interested) b/c that's what Snyder does, but they ain't winnin' shit ova there.

Last edited:
I’m going to Ring night!

eLYY1.gif

I don't see the Dez/Giants thing happening @ all.

They have pass catchers (Dell, Shep, Engram) already so it's not a priority. And Dez needs to get the most money he can get (while trying to be on a contender) b/c more than likely this is his (big) last contract.

If he went anywhere in the division it would be the Skins. They'd give him a bag (assuming they were interested) b/c that's what Snyder does, but they ain't winnin' shit ova there.

Redskins were my first thought when he said he wanted to stay in the division. I don't think anyone signing him until after the draft, so who knows. He might end up w a random team that couldn't address a WR need w their picks. Jaguars come to mind.

The closer the draft gets, the more I want the Broncos to trade up for the 2nd pick. If 3 QBs go 1-3. That means that either Barkley, Chubbs or Q. Nelson will be on the board when we pick at 5. Browns would most likely take Barkley. But I will settle for Chubbs or Nelson and the extra picks. Barkley is good, but Nelson or Chubbs AND some extra picks in the 2nd or 3 rds is the best way this draft can go for Gmen.

Any info regarding Kap and his collusion case? I know some NFL people were supposed to have given their depositions not to long ago.

ahh fuck it...nothing else to really talk about

here is my proposed new aligning of the NFL

NFC South
HOU
DAL
NOLA
TEN

NFC East
NYG
WAS
CAR
PHI

NFC North
No Changes

NFC West
LA Rams
SEA
SF
LA Chargers

AFC South
JAX
TB
MIA
ATL

AFC EAST
NE
BUF
NYJ
BAL

AFC North
PIT
CLE
IND
CIN

AFC WEST
ARZ
DEN
KC
OAK

ahh fuck it...nothing else to really talk about

here is my proposed new aligning of the NFL

NFC South
HOU
DAL
NOLA
TEN

NFC East
NYG
WAS
CAR
PHI

NFC North
No Changes

NFC West
LA Rams
SEA
SF
LA Chargers

AFC South
JAX
TB
MIA
ATL

AFC EAST
NE
BUF
NYJ
BAL

AFC North
PIT
CLE
IND
CIN

AFC WEST
ARZ
DEN
KC
OAK

Not mad at this at all...

Is there a legit realignment discussion taking place?

Not mad at this at all...

Is there a legit realignment discussion taking place?
nah

for some reason, niggas that are die hards would probably off themselves if the skins didnt play dallas 2x a year despite it being geographically stupid.

There is no reason why NE should be playing teams in florida in the same division.

NE is in the same division with Miami. WHY??

The NFL is not a progressive league. They should be trying to create new rivalries. Dallas can still play Washington, but just once a year, and put it on Thanksgiving or some shit. Make the games matter. Or hell, put it on Thursday

Houston and Dallas in the same damn state and not even in the same division or conference...that dont make sense. It would also make traveling for fans easier.

My proposed NFC south, works out perfect for La (that was totally by chance), but i could drive to Houston (4hrs), Dallas (6hrs), Tennessee (6hrs). Shrugs...but still...flying still wouldnt be as bad.

Back