Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Mod Election Thread(MissK IS ABW's Newest Mod)

Who Should Be The Next ABW Mod?

• Cain

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Miss K

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Shotta

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Instagramus

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay from past experience from the IC I know many people get a kick out of trolls, I even found myself enjoying a few of them-the guy that trolled as jayZ used to have me dying from time to time. I think as long as it's not trolling to the point where it becomes disruptive to the boards it's cool. At the same time we as posters have to take some responsibility too-meaning if it gets out of hand ignore it or as they say 'dont feed the troll'. Obviously they are looking for attention so if that is stopped they normally fade out or move on. Ignore feature is great for this.

As far as a way to handle a troll, If I understand correctly you have this board set up to where we can use our money for certain things, like name change I believe. Well maybe a purchase like 'troll badge' can be included so then at least for a bit that troller will be known because they have to put up a troll in their avi. (For those of you familiar with old game shows picture that one called press your luck where they would say no whammies! The little troll looking thing would come out)

Great answer.

Being that this has been going on for days, I'ma gonna open the poll 5pm and leave it up until Tues 5pm.

I'll be announcing the next mod shortly after.

Okay from past experience from the IC I know many people get a kick out of trolls, I even found myself enjoying a few of them-the guy that trolled as jayZ used to have me dying from time to time. I think as long as it's not trolling to the point where it becomes disruptive to the boards it's cool. At the same time we as posters have to take some responsibility too-meaning if it gets out of hand ignore it or as they say 'dont feed the troll'. Obviously they are looking for attention so if that is stopped they normally fade out or move on. Ignore feature is great for this.

As far as a way to handle a troll, If I understand correctly you have this board set up to where we can use our money for certain things, like name change I believe. Well maybe a purchase like 'troll badge' can be included so then at least for a bit that troller will be known because they have to put up a troll in their avi. (For those of you familiar with old game shows picture that one called press your luck where they would say no whammies! The little troll looking thing would come out)

I want to add that this lady's cool and calm demeanor allowed her to become friends with one of the IC's most infamous trolls.

They seem pretty close. They probably go out and have lunch next to whatever dirty ass river flows through SA.

Question #3

How Should "Trolls" Be Handled? Should People Feel Free To Say What They Want?

@Cain
@MissK
@InstagramusPrime360
@Shotta

Freedom of speech is the first amendment of the United States. Trolls gon troll. I would not intervene unless it gets to a point where he or she is disrupting the board and ruining someone's posting experience. People have to learn to defend themselves; it's a forum! The only thing that I would immediately act upon is racism, sexism, and continuous e-bullying of a person who is not built for that quarrel.

Don't feed the trolls...SLAUGHTER THEM!!

Just kidding. If you're gonna troll, troll in the appropriate threads.

For example, if it's a thread created to have a serious discussion about kids. Or a thread involving folks giving their own personal accounts of tragedy in their lives (ie. abuse, or death), then naw. That's not the time for that. You don't show up to a funeral and start crackin jokes do you? Other than, it's whateva.

BUT understand this...there is a fine line to trolling.

For example, purposely disrupting the vibe of the forum in a malicious manner, posting inappropriate material that's against ABW policy set by the site owner, inappropriate comments about another poster's kid(s), or blatantly trying to seek attention b/c your mother didn't nurture you growing up, will get you ignored, banned, or deported under Pres. Orange's...
20161220_192459.png
...FUCC TRUMP btw...Anti Troll Executive Order. Bring something more to the table than just attention seeking plz. Not all trolls are bad tho. Some actually be posting shyt that's funny af (yes Conflict be having muthafuccas cracking up).

If you feel tho a troll is killing your posting vibe, feel free to use any ignore options at your disposal. We at ABW wanna make sure EVERYONE has an enjoyable posting experience.

Last edited:
We got Miss K with the early lead with Shotta not far behind.

Recap and Cain , where yall honeys at? Get them to vote.

CONGRATS MISSK!

crwdc.gif

She has my full support

:icu1:

Until she fuccs up. Only then will the mod spot be ripe for the taking

Gew5X.gif

@MissK congrats
rWjh4HJ_zps0zdfiovc.png

348RfC_zps5wxvlncw.gif

full_zpshqmvpf4m.gif

Back