Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Oh for sure. Very few films have had a satisfying final battle. I think ragnarok, infinity war/endgame, civil war, winter soldier are the exceptions. I still get bummed out thinking the guardians defeated Ronan with a dance battle distraction.

That one annoyed me. Then some of the others feel like a cop out, Strange beats Dormamu by looping time is the biggest one I can think of. Sure it's creative, but still kinda eh

Let's be honest, the final fights in most of the films are slightly disappointing

eeeeh... Ionno about that.

IM - mixed bag. Coulda been longer but in hindsight they were really getting their feet wet.
Hulk - Marred by bad CGI, otherwise decent
IM2 - bad, too damned short
Thor - bad, Shoulda been Thor vs Destroyer, not Loki.
CA:FA - wack, though it did set up for Red Skull's appearance in Infinity War well enough
Avengers - good. The only distraction was Cap's turrble uniform.
IM3 - Bad only because it was IM vs Killian and not The Mandarin in the comics. That expectation made it bad, but all the armors was pretty fuckin sweet.
Thor Dark World - doo doo grits
Winter Soldier - Nothing about this movie is bad.
GOTG - Entertaining. Not bad, but a good watch.
Age of Ultron - Dope.
Ant Man - Good
Civil War - Geek overload. Best up to this point. Cap and Bucky working IM over tossing the shield back and forth was a great touch.
Doctor Strange - Good. The Dormammu part made sense in the greater context, but I wasn't thrilled at his representation. The Zealot fight was good enough for this kind of flick
GOTG2 - drol. This was seriously a misstep.
Homecoming - I really like this one. I might be in the minority here but it really wasn't bad.
Ragnarok - Takes over as the best. Comedy when Banner bounces off the bridge recreating the helicopter scene from Hulk left me in tears, paying homage to Skurge's death from Thor 360-362, and Hulk vs Surtur... This would be hard to top.
Black Panther - This was decent, but less than I would have liked. BP vs Kilmonger had cheap CGI which detracted from it overall.
Infinity War - The Gold Standard, hands down the best. I have one gripe: Dr Strange vs Thanos should have been far longer and traversed several dimensions including the Dark Dimension, maybe even with Doc using Dormmamu himself against Thanos.
Ant Man and the Wasp - haven't seen it
Captain Marvel - haven't seen it
Endgame - haven't seen it.

That one annoyed me. Then some of the others feel like a cop out, Strange beats Dormamu by looping time is the biggest one I can think of. Sure it's creative, but still kinda eh

Gotta disagree there. Dormammu was a force that Strange wasn't going to be able to handle on his own at that point. He was still new to the game. If they let Strange win a real battle with Dorm then, it would have made any future use of the villain seem lackluster.

What people dont realize is everything marvel TV related was produced by marvel television. The movies and these disney+ shows are all produced by marvel STUDIOS. If it ain't marvel studios, it dont effect the mcu regardless of how many times the characters mention the mcu.

Even agents of shield. The most connected show to the mcu mainly due to a fury cameo and lady sif cameo ultimately had no effect on the mcu. In fact AoS would have to adapt their series based off of what was happening in the mcu

Yall gonna lose it when Ben Affleck plays Dr Doom

I actually don't mind Affleck as an actor. Not saying I'd want to see him as Doom though. A younger actor is needed for that role.

Yeah doom could be middle aged and they just go into his backstory. I keep seeing rumors about marvel having big plans for doom but nothing concrete. I recall an article awhile back with the writer of the dr. doom movie for fox saying he had a meeting with Kevin feige regarding his movie but didnt say what came of it.

Could mean Kevin told him "we got it from here" too though haha.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/noah-hawleys-doctor-doom-movie-still-limbo-1194200

There's a big gap between Affleck and someone in their twenties. Ben is closer to 50 than 40.
Y'all was okay worth Ben being batman though...I personally don't think Ben is too old. I was really saying it as a power move and a fuck you to DC

But I mean RDJ became Iron man at age 43, affleck is 46

He could be Doom behind the helmet for a good 7-8 years

Y'all was okay worth Ben being batman though...I personally don't think Ben is too old. I was really saying it as a power move and a fuck you to DC

But I mean RDJ became Iron man at age 43, affleck is 46

He could be Doom behind the helmet for a good 7-8 years

Ben was playing an older Batman....

I'm hoping Doom is around for more than 8 years.

Back