Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Didn't wanna say this in the marvels thread but while I've been able to follow everything up to this point pretty good, I can understand a segment of people that haven't for a myriad of reasons.

I think marvel as a whole put a lot of eggs in a basket when covid hit and made a lot of decisions with the uncertainty that came with not knowing how long that was going to last.

I think they realized that as much of a vision they had, that they may have been a bit too ambitious with certain projects.

FF, we're back outside and people are again consuming media differently than they did while being inside for almost two years. Things that were in development have to be completed because of the money that has been put into it and they need to see a return on the initial investment.

I think SOME of the criticisms are fair but they're are a lot that's just stupid and nitpicky. I stand behind them with the decision to not recast black panther at that time. I definitely think now is the time to do something with a time jump or multiverse situation.

I think for the most part, the connective tissue that was established between the films and the TV shows really helped immerse the viewer in the universe, unfortunately, not everyone could make the time commitment to keep up with everything.

I think they have not delivered on Kang yet but they still have time to fix this in a significant way.

I could go on and on but at this point, I am personally pleased overall with them but can admit some things in hindsight could've been a bit more fleshed out

Didn't wanna say this in the marvels thread but while I've been able to follow everything up to this point pretty good, I can understand a segment of people that haven't for a myriad of reasons.

I think marvel as a whole put a lot of eggs in a basket when covid hit and made a lot of decisions with the uncertainty that came with not knowing how long that was going to last.

I think they realized that as much of a vision they had, that they may have been a bit too ambitious with certain projects.

FF, we're back outside and people are again consuming media differently than they did while being inside for almost two years. Things that were in development have to be completed because of the money that has been put into it and they need to see a return on the initial investment.

I think SOME of the criticisms are fair but they're are a lot that's just stupid and nitpicky. I stand behind them with the decision to not recast black panther at that time. I definitely think now is the time to do something with a time jump or multiverse situation.

I think for the most part, the connective tissue that was established between the films and the TV shows really helped immerse the viewer in the universe, unfortunately, not everyone could make the time commitment to keep up with everything.

I think they have not delivered on Kang yet but they still have time to fix this in a significant way.

I could go on and on but at this point, I am personally pleased overall with them but can admit some things in hindsight could've been a bit more fleshed out
I think that's why viewership for Season 2 of Loki has gone down. I think people think they need to see the previous projects between Season 1 and Season 2 to understand what's going on when Loki exists in its own vacuum

After Endgame, I said the MCU needed to take a couple years off and then come back as if they were starting from scratch. The reason I suggested that was because there was no way they would be able to follow up the Infinity War saga and everything that preceded it. It like if you were in a good 10 year relationship with someone and it ended for some reason. Anybody you deal with right after that relationship is going to get compared to the person you were with and they won't be treated fairly. You won't be able to really give anyone else a fair shot until you've given yourself time to get over that other person.

The Eternals, MoM, and Shang Chi weren't bad movies, but they didn't get the expected acclaim and support. That's largely because Marvel was coming off a string of like 4 out of 6 movies making over a billion dollars and a couple of the most epic movies of all time. NWH did well, but it literally used fan service from a bunch of movies outside of the MCU.

Marvel should have given themselves some breathing room and come back to the table as if they were starting from square one and used the X-men, Fantastic 4, and some of these other franchises to build up to another saga like they did the first time around.

After Endgame, I said the MCU needed to take a couple years off and then come back as if they were starting from scratch. The reason I suggested that was because there was no way they would be able to follow up the Infinity War saga and everything that preceded it. It like if you were in a good 10 year relationship with someone and it ended for some reason. Anybody you deal with right after that relationship is going to get compared to the person you were with and they won't be treated fairly. You won't be able to really give anyone else a fair shot until you've given yourself time to get over that other person.

The Eternals, MoM, and Shang Chi weren't bad movies, but they didn't get the expected acclaim and support. That's largely because Marvel was coming off a string of like 4 out of 6 movies making over a billion dollars and a couple of the most epic movies of all time. NWH did well, but it literally used fan service from a bunch of movies outside of the MCU.

Marvel should have given themselves some breathing room and come back to the table as if they were starting from square one and used the X-men, Fantastic 4, and some of these other franchises to build up to another saga like they did the first time around.

This guy gets it.

That wasn't a joke brother

I know you feel you've been saying the same thing but you haven't or maybe your approach hasn't

That wasn't a joke brother

I know you feel you've been saying the same thing but you haven't or maybe your approach hasn't

Nah, it’s because I’m saying it. DOOM. I’ll call all this shit. I’ve been right. 98% of it. But the fandom was too great for niggas to see it at the time I was saying it. They finally caught up. It’s cool.

Last edited:
Nah, it’s because I’m saying it. DOOM. I’ll call all this shit. I’ve been right. 98% of it. But the fathom was too great for niggas to see it at the time I was saying it. They finally caught up. It’s cool.
I love you b

Facts they definitely should of let endgame breathe way longer than they did.

Corporate and consumer greed collided.

Back