Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

As a fan, I just wonder how difficult it must be when trying to make some of these decisions trying to balance fanfare and what you think is a good story that people will actually want to see

I know it's hindsight but I can't see a situation where the airport scene is anything other than the spider man debut and the heroes vs heroes

Super soldiers may have worked but I don't think it would've been the staple moment in the theatre

You can't listen to the fans because the fans aren't a unified body. Just look at some of the discussions in this topic.

But some of the things fans have been criticizing are valid. The lack of quality control, a ton of filler content that has nothing to do with the saga and are poorly written at that….we still don’t have an avengers team. Mcu never been perfect but it’s never been this questionable either. Even that new book alluded to this.

A whole lot of Marvel especially recently has been them winging shit on the fly, having to be convinced to do certain things like having Thanos as an overarching idea, Ironman in Civil War, that airport scene....

They didnt even plan on Kang being the overarching villan of this saga; just saw the homie's performance as He Who Remains and made that decision right there lol thats wild.

Fans are always gon complain but you can’t continually ignore or disregard the folks who got you here to begin with.

But some of the things fans have been criticizing are valid. The lack of quality control, a ton of filler content that has nothing to do with the saga and are poorly written at that….we still don’t have an avengers team. Mcu never been perfect but it’s never been this questionable either. Even that new book alluded to this.

A whole lot of Marvel especially recently has been them winging shit on the fly, having to be convinced to do certain things like having Thanos as an overarching idea, Ironman in Civil War, that airport scene....

They didnt even plan on Kang being the overarching villan of this saga; just saw the homie's performance as He Who Remains and made that decision right there lol thats wild.

Fans are always gon complain but you can’t continually ignore or disregard the folks who got you here to begin with.

I'm not saying they needed to ignore the fans, but fans are all over the place. Which fans should they listen to?

They need to focus on making good content. They weren't kowtowing to fans when the MCU was at its peak, and they shouldn't be doing that now.

Also, the examples you gave of the MCU winging it or going off the rails are literally internal issues, so again, listening to the internal criticisms is what's more important. After they get that shit worked out, then it might be worthwhile for them to check fan input and see if there are any common threads that might help improve the product.

I'm not saying they needed to ignore the fans, but fans are all over the place. Which fans should they listen to?

They need to focus on making good content. They weren't kowtowing to fans when the MCU was at its peak, and they shouldn't be doing that now.

Also, the examples you gave of the MCU winging it or going off the rails are literally internal issues, so again, listening to the internal criticisms is what's more important. After they get that shit worked out, then it might be worthwhile for them to check fan input and see if there are any common threads that might help improve the product.

You can argue even though they werent taking in fan critiques at its peak, some of the choices they ultimately ended up making were just lucky decision-making. Shit just worked out for them but also you had better creatives involved all-around.

Look at some of the things they are considering canceling or shuffling around. Part of that is because of fan response. Look at the Marvels for example: its not called Captain Marvel 2 because theres this huge fan backlash against the actress so they tried to call it something else even though the movie will be mostly centered on her as a way to lessen a toxic response. So much so that it caused a rift on set between her and the black girl playing Monica.

You can argue even though they werent taking in fan critiques at its peak, some of the choices they ultimately ended up making were just lucky decision-making. Shit just worked out for them but also you had better creatives involved all-around.

Look at some of the things they are considering canceling or shuffling around. Part of that is because of fan response. Look at the Marvels for example: its not called Captain Marvel 2 because theres this huge fan backlash against the actress so they tried to call it something else even though the movie will be mostly centered on her as a way to lessen a toxic response. So much so that it caused a rift on set between her and the black girl playing Monica.

lol But none of that is necessarily good. Hanging on the whims of fans like that can help you or it can hurt you. Disenfranchising the supposed star of your series because the fans are pissed about something they'll likely stop caring about in a year isn't necessarily a great move.

It's all a crazy juggling act. You just have to have the right person doing the juggling.

Idk if you guys have noticed that the marketing for The Marvels has changed. There's more focus on Carol than on Monica and Kamala. Showing her connection to the Avengers. I think Marvel is starting to realize there's a segment of the general population that just didn't watch WandaVision or Ms. Marvel

Back