Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Variety shared new information on Victoria Alonso's shocking exit from Marvel Studios, noting that she was fired from her position as Marvel Studios' president of physical and post-production, visual effects, and animation production.

While the exact reasoning behind her firing is unknown, a group of Disney executives including Disney Entertainment Co-Chairman Alan Bergman, who oversees Marvel Studios, made the final call, which reportedly "blindsided" Alonso.

Bergman made the difficult decision alongside Disney's legal department and human resources department.

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige - who allegedly "felt mired in an impossible situation" - was reportedly not involved with Disney's decision for Alonso and did not intervene during the termination process, a sign that Feige was not completely opposed to Alonso's firing.

Alonso was in charge of the visual effects and post-filming work on Marvel Studios' movies and shows during a time when the company had to meet record-high output, particularly to grow Disney+'s subscriber base. This pressure, according to Variety, reportedly led to quality issues internally that ultimately resulted in Alonso's firing.

Speaking on The Hot Mic podcast, Above the Line's Jeff Snieder revealed that he has heard "Marvel's target output has been reduced." This means that instead of around "four shows and four movies a year," fans can expect "two shows and three movies a year:"

"Marvel's target output has been reduced. I don't know if this has been reported, or if this was a line in the trades, or whatever, but I'm told that the target output has been reduced from four shows and four movies a year to two shows and three movies a year. And of course that's malleable. You could get one on either side of that, or whatever."

After weeks of teasing his followers on social media, Captain America: Civil War star Frank Grillo has confirmed he's joining the DC Universe. In an exclusive chat with ComicBook.com's Chris Killian in support of One Day as a Lion, Grillo's disappointment with how his MCU character Brock Rumlow, the iconic Cap villain better known as Crossbones, was treated was a reason why he opted to sign on for a role with James Gunn and Peter Safran's DC Studios.

"They never told a story [about Crossbones]. The mythology of the MCU and just what Marvel has in its pool of characters, it's so deep. Crossbones was there for a minute, but he was supposed to be there longer, then they went the direction they did," Grillo tells us. "I think Crossbones serves a purpose, but I think the interesting thing is that if you see how many people around the world have responded to Crossbones, and again, he's on the screen for a very f--king short amount of time, I think there's more there. I think there was more meat on the bone. I was disappointed, which is why I went over to DC."

After weeks of teasing his followers on social media, Captain America: Civil War star Frank Grillo has confirmed he's joining the DC Universe. In an exclusive chat with ComicBook.com's Chris Killian in support of One Day as a Lion, Grillo's disappointment with how his MCU character Brock Rumlow, the iconic Cap villain better known as Crossbones, was treated was a reason why he opted to sign on for a role with James Gunn and Peter Safran's DC Studios.

"They never told a story [about Crossbones]. The mythology of the MCU and just what Marvel has in its pool of characters, it's so deep. Crossbones was there for a minute, but he was supposed to be there longer, then they went the direction they did," Grillo tells us. "I think Crossbones serves a purpose, but I think the interesting thing is that if you see how many people around the world have responded to Crossbones, and again, he's on the screen for a very f--king short amount of time, I think there's more there. I think there was more meat on the bone. I was disappointed, which is why I went over to DC."
5FBA5061-7149-4ECA-BF36-448EBF5843F7.gif

Back