Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

I do feel like the whole multiverse concept does make the stakes in prior movies seem a lot lower than they did before.

I was watching Infinity War and Thanos was going on about a finite universe with finite resources and I was like “eh, it’s just one universe.”

And to see him gushing over the infinity stones when your boy has a drawer full as paper weights again I was like “eh, if only he knew how little they mean in the grand scheme of things.”

I do feel like the whole multiverse concept does make the stakes in prior movies seem a lot lower than they did before.

I was watching Infinity War and Thanos was going on about a finite universe with finite resources and I was like “eh, it’s just one universe.”

And to see him gushing over the infinity stones when your boy has a drawer full as paper weights again I was like “eh, if only he knew how little they mean in the grand scheme of things.”

Yeah I can see that. Still, all the characters you care about or are vested in are in the same universe. The same issue is at place in the comics, and at the end of day people only really care about the characters in the 616 universe. Everyone else is expendable by design.

1631932518757.gif Word on the skreets is the next major cross over will happen when
Venom 2 drops…The Post Credit Scene is of Eddie watching a news report of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker

Last edited:

if you're going with that train of thought then all the movies with sequels are ruined because you already know the hero survives.

if you're going with that train of thought then all the movies with sequels are ruined because you already know the hero survives.
Nah, not nearly the same. Your scenario involves knowledge of the future when watching the older movie. My scenario involves events in different movies/shows that are happening simultaneously. So the whole time Thanos was trying to get the stones and snap half of the universe into oblivion, the time people had stones just laying around like paper weights. Knowing that, the stones don’t seem as important anymore do they? And the stakes in the movies not as high.

Also, now knowing that there are infinite universes with these same people, even one where Thanos is a good guy, our one universe issue doesn’t seem like that big a deal. Hell there’s a universe where Strange destroyed the ENTIRE universe because of a broken heart. And we supposed to be worried about a dude that wanted to kill off half of the inhabitants of our universe?

I’m not saying I don’t still love the movies or anything, just that at this point the stakes in those movies seem just a tad bit more trivial.

Nah, not nearly the same. Your scenario involves knowledge of the future when watching the older movie. My scenario involves events in different movies/shows that are happening simultaneously. So the whole time Thanos was trying to get the stones and snap half of the universe into oblivion, the time people had stones just laying around like paper weights. Knowing that, the stones don’t seem as important anymore do they? And the stakes in the movies not as high.

Also, now knowing that there are infinite universes with these same people, even one where Thanos is a good guy, our one universe issue doesn’t seem like that big a deal. Hell there’s a universe where Strange destroyed the ENTIRE universe because of a broken heart. And we supposed to be worried about a dude that wanted to kill off half of the inhabitants of our universe?

I’m not saying I don’t still love the movies or anything, just that at this point the stakes in those movies seem just a tad bit more trivial.

To the residents of that universe there being multiple universes means nothing. Half their population was wiped out and subsequently brought back. I don't see how there being a multiverse changes the stakes in the main universe during an event of that magnitude.

To the residents of that universe there being multiple universes means nothing. Half their population was wiped out and subsequently brought back. I don't see how there being a multiverse changes the stakes in the main universe during an event of that magnitude.
I guess I take a Rick Sanchez point of view on it. We’ll just agree to disagree.

So I had a random thought just now.

With the Doc Ock, Electro, and Goblin from the non-MCU flicks coming over into the MCU, what's the likelihood that they won't be the only characters that will make appearances during this whole multiverse event?

Will Chris Evans or Michael B Jordan briefly return as The Human Torch?
Will we get a Nick Cage/Ghost Rider cameo? (This would make the most sense too)
Maybe Ben Affleck shows up as Daredevil?

And, the obvious, any iteration of the X Men.

If you they not bringing back Chris Evans for a wolverine vs cap flick then marvel can keep him gone.

Technically we never saw kilmonger die. So I wouldn't trip on Michael b Jordan reprising the role and marvel possibly retconning the character or having him land in dark avengers.

Nicholas cage? Not funny.

And they're keeping dude from Netflix daredevil.

I'm not mad at it.

These movies alone make the equivalent of small countries year in and out (not even counting the extra money made with merchandise) while the creators of the characters get paid little to nothing. Not sure where but some article that came out weeks ago said that the marvel comic writers were only getting paid 5 grand for marvel movies and the big wigs know better. Knowing Disney's lawyers they'll probably settle and make the estate co-creators.

More estates need to take a page out of Marvin Gaye's family playbook and keep the legacy and image intact.

Back