Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Well because they're hooping and hollering: about diversity like theyre getting a foot in the door for all of us like this shit is a movement when its already been done on large ansld small screen and marvel been had diversity and race swapping look at Thor . heimdall is played by Eddie Elba , not in of the warriirs three is asian and adgard itself is diverse and multicultural. I think marvel shoukd focus on writing good stories and making good movies and. Not worry about diversity. If it aint race swapping they'll take a strong black character and emasculate him like they didn't terrific in arrow. Like I said before instead of 4ace swapping bring more black characters like blue marv3l who I forgot to mention in my last post and bring dome more black supervillians too. Race swapping is just lazy pandering

I really dont see what the issue is... especially if their race has no bearing on their actual story. Lol @ niggas being mad at expanding diversity.

Were yall mad when Zazie Beetz was cast as domino in Deadpool too?

I really dont see what the issue is... especially if their race has no bearing on their actual story. Lol @ niggas being mad at expanding diversity.

Were yall mad when Zazie Beetz was cast as domino in Deadpool too?

Diversity they already acknowledged is in the comics......:niggawhat:

Niggas is mad when they don't pull from the comics AND when they do. SMH

No matter what choice they make muhfuckas will find a way to complain. Im here for good stories, set pieces/graphics and a good time overall.

Marvel/MCU is far from perfect.. but they've gained enough trust with ME as a consumer at this point that if they pull in Giancarlo for a major role... I trust they will use his talents properly.

*shrugs*

Young white guy just asked me if anyone has ever told me that I sound like Nick Fury.

I honestly want them to keep putting characters that aren't super known to casual fans on screen. So using a great actor like Mr. Esposito to rehash well known characters in my opinion is kind of lazy and the easy thing to do

They have a chance to help sell even more comics and action figures by doing what they are already trying to do and that's introducing characters like The Guardians of the Galaxy and The Eternals which were not well known and now are big time favorites (Guardians) to casual fans.

I know that eventually big name characters like the X-Men, Fantastic 4, Magneto and Dr. Doom will eventually get movies but the smart route is to use up and coming (or non A-list) actors for those roles because they will most likely be recurring parts so you can get them on the cheap side and easily lock them into longer term deals. Outside of Sam Jackson this is what Marvel studios did with the last movies. Ironman helped resurrect Robert Downey Jr. career and the rest of the long term folks (as solid as they were as actors) still got a huge boost in playing in those films.

Locking in already A-List actors for a long term series of movies isn't cheap. Lol

Last edited:
I honestly want them to keep putting characters that aren't super known to casual fans on screen. So using a great actor like Mr. Esposito to rehash well known characters in my opinion is kind of lazy and the easy thing to do

They have a chance to help sell even more comics and action figures by doing what they are already trying to do and that's introducing characters like The Guardians of the Galaxy and The Eternals which were not well known and now are big time favorite (Guardians) s to casual fans.

I know that eventually big name characters like the X-Men, Fantastic 4, Magneto and Dr. Doom will eventually get movies but the smart route is to use up and coming (or non A-list) actors for those roles because they will most likely be recurring parts so you can get them on the cheap side and easily lock them into longer term deals. Outside of Sam Jackson this is what Marvel studios did with the last movies. Ironman helped resurrect Robert Downey Jr. career and the rest of the long term folks (as solid as they were as actors) still got a huge boost in playing in those films.

Locking in already A-List actors for a long term series of movies isn't cheap. Lol

So what character would you like to see him as?

So what character would you like to see him as?

I already posted my idea.

I would like to see him as Achebe, which would be one of the villains in Black Panther 2.

I would like to see him try and do a megalomaniac or an anarchist type of character which would show his range as an actor. As of late he has been getting casted as a calm and collected brainy behind the scenes type and he is great at that but remembering him in Spike Lee's "School Daze" he did great as a egomaniac. Lol.

He could be Moses Magnum, Kibuka, or Soloman Prey.. shit, it's a few characters I feel he could do real justice with. Listed below is a website with some interesting characters

I would like to see him as Achebe, which would be one of the villains in Black Panther 2.

I would like to see him try and do a megalomaniac or an anarchist type of character which would show his range as an actor. As of late he has been getting casted as a calm and collected brainy behind the scenes type and he is great at that but remembering him in Spike Lee's "School Daze" he did great as a egomaniac. Lol.

He could be Moses Magnum, Kibuka, or Soloman Prey.. shit, it's a few characters I feel he could do real justice with. Listed below is a website with some interesting characters

I forgot about that post. My bad.

I think he'd make a cold Mephisto. There have been rumors of him appearing in the MCU soon.

We had some 5'8" old guy play Magneto already. Don't want Denzel neither. Everybody doesn't have to be in the MCU.

Agree to disagree bruh. It isn’t about what you or I want or what’s 100% comic accurate. We had an old guy play magneto and a younger dude play magneto. There were stories months ago about the MCU talking with Denzel & Will Smith with regards to X & Magneto & putting a twist on their stories so that the same ole Background stories weren’t getting rehashed.

I do agree with the idea of getting non A-list actors to play roles like Magneto, Doom, etc so that you can lock them down long term. Those actors would have to knock it out the park tho. Especially whoever is following up the dudes who last played X & Magneto.

I said guy tory would be great casting for achebe but y'all laughed at me last time. Look at him and tell me he doesnt look like achebe. All the have to do is put some large prosthetic ears on him. Also achebe is a maniac. Hes a dictator but also insiane like the joker. A comedian like guy would be great for that role
OIP (12).jpeg
OIP (10).jpeg

I saw an eddie Murphy comparison in my image search also

OIP (11).jpeg

Attachments

• OIP (10).jpeg
    OIP (10).jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
Agree to disagree bruh. It isn’t about what you or I want or what’s 100% comic accurate. We had an old guy play magneto and a younger dude play magneto. There were rumors months ago about the MCU talking with Denzel & Will Smith with regards to X & Magneto & putting a twist on their stories so that the same ole Background stories weren’t getting rehashed.

Fixed.

I said guy tory would be great casting for achebe but y'all laughed at me last time. Look at him and tell me he doesnt look like achebe. All the have to do is put some large prosthetic ears on him. Also achebe is a maniac. Hes a dictator but also insiane like the joker. A comedian like guy would be great for that role
View attachment 317688
View attachment 317690

I saw an eddie Murphy comparison in my image search also

View attachment 317691

I think Eddie could maybe pull it off and I bet if they called him he would listen. That would be a big time out of the box hire that would get even more folks to check out the movie.

Guy Tore has the look and is a comedian but I don't know if he could pull off the character. He was great in American History X as the comedic relief though.

Looks i feel isn't the most important factor with casting and the writer of the film could change (make his comedy darker as opposed to in your face slap stick style) or downplay Achebe's comedic aspect a bit. As you and I both know some movies always tweak or change characters personality from the source material.

Either way I actually think both your picks are hella intriguing

Back