Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Support like what? So I can go to the store and get it. Is it gonna grow tall even though it’s cherry tomatoes?

You can use bamboo canes and twine to train the plant up and support the big stems... Or a tomato cage...

I prefer to use twine hanging from somewhere abit like this and use plastic clips as it does less damage to the plant...

Not sure what size plant pot you need, it depends on type of variety, like its grafted it will get quite big... In my brief experience cherry tomatoes do seem to grow crazy!!!

Alright. I went to the store for a bigger pot, soul and something to hold it up.

Ended up with some watermelon seeds too. How I grow them?

that should be good for support.

as far as height it depends on if the plant is Indeterminate or determinate. Deteminate ones only grow so high.. Indeterminate keep growing as long as there is something to support it as far as I understand. That joint should be good for cherry tomatoes tho

Watermelons like to run so make sure you got some space for the plant/vine to go

that should be good for support.

as far as height it depends on if the plant is Indeterminate or determinate. Deteminate ones only grow so high.. Indeterminate keep growing as long as there is something to support it as far as I understand. That joint should be good for cherry tomatoes tho

Watermelons like to run so make sure you got some space for the plant/vine to go
I’ll report back in a week or two. I believe they are cherry tomatoes. I planned on planting the watermelon in a planter. How much space I need?

I’ll report back in a week or two. I believe they are cherry tomatoes. I planned on planting the watermelon in a planter. How much space I need?

ima take some pics of my dads watermelon tomorrow. They aint doing to well but youll see how they can "run". I think if you can wrap the vines on something and its got some support you should be good tho

@Inori

Whats that plant/tree with the green/red leaves???

Thats a dwarf avocado tree. My sis and I copped it for my dad maybe 5 years ago. somebody took a clipping of a mature avocado tree so its not supposed to take as long to produce fruit. Thought we woulda got some avocados by now. We got like maybe 5 or so healthy looking joints growing at the moment for the first time.

Got some upside down bottles slowly watering it as well to help

Thats a dwarf avocado tree. My sis and I copped it for my dad maybe 5 years ago. somebody took a clipping of a mature avocado tree so its not supposed to take as long to produce fruit. Thought we woulda got some avocados by now. We got like maybe 5 or so healthy looking joints growing at the moment for the first time.

Got some upside down bottles slowly watering it as well to help

Wow 5 years!!! gardening teaches you patience... Ive gone out and looked at my tomatoes like 3 times today, not sure what Im expecting to have changed lol

Wow 5 years!!! gardening teaches you patience... Ive gone out and looked at my tomatoes like 3 times today, not sure what Im expecting to have changed lol
Yea certain trees will do that like I think a pecan takes like 7-10 years to produce. My grandma had one of us to love getting em off the ground. And she use to give me a brown paper bag and say see if you can fill this up.

Now that I think about it that peach tree took like 3/4 years to start producing and what I got on there now is food for animals.

Do yalls fruit trees bring rodents? My mama’s old neighbor had a lime tree and it used to mice all around that damn tree.

Loganberries starting to come through...

5SgagW.jpg

Back