Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

you just eat them straight up or can you make something out of them like juice or jam?

Last year I ate them straight and put them in my porridge and used them in smoothies etc but I might (or rather give them to my dukes lol) to try make some jam... Because some can be quite sour if picked too early, theyre apparently really good for making jams...

AIte so I pickled those yellow and a couple red beets the other day. Boiled them first then peeled and sliced them. Tossed some onions in there as well just cuz. Boiled the water, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, peppercorns and garlic together and put some bay leaves in it as well. Let it cool to room temp then tossed it in the fridge for two days. Tastes pretty damn good. They say its better if you let it sit for 2 weeks tho.
View attachment 1319447
View attachment 1319448
View attachment 1319452
View attachment 1319450
View attachment 1319445

Our dwarf avocado tree. I think we might actually get some avocados this year. Usually them joints be small and just fall off but ive been giving it some plant food and it seems to be responding good as hell to it

View attachment 1319446
View attachment 1319449
View attachment 1319451
View attachment 1319454

Damn bro thats fire... Youre good when the zombie apocalypse comes, you can live off the grid with all the pickling and food prepping haha

Damn some of my blueberry plants leaves have gone brown and fallen off, hope this sh!t sorts itself out...

Also my brussel sprout plant got eaten... and I had it under one of those nets!!! ughh

B9Axqh.jpg

Think its clear next year I need to find a company that can provide around 6-7 pH level soil in bulk for my polytunel rather than the topsoil Ive been getting, as the difference between the crops grown in the polytunel, to the ones grown in containers in greenhouse with normal store compost is huge...

Picture of Polytunel crops (one tomato plant in a container moved from greenhouse)...

4XB8Xh.jpg

Tomatoes and pepper grown in containers in the greenhouse (not a great photo as had to take it outside the greenhouse)...

2C9WL7.jpg

dgUrPp.jpg

Atleast everything is growing atm though...

I planted kale, collards, Fresno peppers, bell peppers, cherry and gold tomatoes, cucumber, green beans, and cantaloupe. I think I'm gonna go back and get a habanero pepper (son's request) and something else...

I'll post pics later.
I have still yet to see any kind of green seeds like collard,turnips in the stores out here

Update on the peach tree they really haven't grown anymore. And I'll have to wait till it's cold to prune it so it won't leak sugar/sap and attract unwanted pest. But this is a huge step for peachy though.

Back