Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

The problem with the non experts is that people will deem somebody and expert simply if they have a large following. That's a huge problem in the US. People look to famous people to be experts or try and turn experts into celebrities...and quite often those are the ones whose opinions don't need to be elevated.

That's my issue with people like Rogan and his ilk. I remember an article @ChicagoFigure posted about why natural immunity isn't being pushed more and the person said it's because this country doesn't do well with nuance and it would result in a bunch of people intentionally trying to get infected. When Rogan had Sanjay Gupta on this fool with his millions of listeners says people should get vaccinated then go try and get infected with Covid intentionally. And people will actually listen to that shit as good advice simply because he has a popular podcast
The only thing I take issue with is that you and others attempt to draw conclusions from what you post. I think there has to be a baseline level of knowledge on a subject to confidently draw conclusions from articles about the subject.

Even if the article says “x is the conclusion”, there’s probably some other factors at play in that article’s research or elsewhere that needs to be considered. Without that baseline knowledge it’s hard to know that. You may be drawing great conclusions, but there’s a good chance that with more baseline knowledge the conclusions you draw may be different.

I appreciate your contributions though, this is just how I feel about non-experts trying to draw conclusions on expert level topics.
I agree people shouldn't get medical advise from entertainment personalities. However if a legitimate person of scholar is presenting contrary information that places their career on the line, imo they have more credibility than someone who is staying in line.

shaking-my-head-rubbing-hands.gif

Screenshot_20211025-141450.png

NIH waited til after FOIA made em give up their data to blame EcoHealth for failing to report on GoF research...

...While EcoHealth saying they gave em their data in 2018 and cited NIH "reporting irregularities"....

....Trust. The. Experts!!

View attachment 678539

NIH waited til after FOIA made em give up their data to blame EcoHealth for failing to report on GoF research...

...While EcoHealth saying they gave em their data in 2018 and cited NIH "reporting irregularities"....

....Trust. The. Experts!!

These are medical experts, right? So I trust their medical decisions and opinions. They aren’t ethics experts so I fully believe they can be corrupt.

Uncle and grandma in law (uncle's wife's mom) got covid. Uncle is diabetic and vaccinated but he had the monoclonal antibodies shit done and he should he fine.

Grandma...we'll see. She's beaten everything thrown at her to this point.
Update on this. Unfortunately grandma passed last week. Developed double pneumonia and couldn't fight it off.

Back